Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | knight kit p2 swr bridge Help

Reviews Summary for knight kit p2 swr bridge
knight kit p2 swr bridge Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $14.95
Description: swr bridge with remote meter

You can write your own review of the knight kit p2 swr bridge.

KK5R Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2015 20:12 Send this review to a friend
Link for the PDF assembly/operation manual  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got the P-2 today from another ham. Started looking for info on it to avoid buying a manual for it. Found the BAMA Boatanchors Archive website and downloaded the manual. Tells me a lot more than I needed to know but it is all interesting. The meter, by the way, is first class rugged and I will make good use of it.

Here is the link. It is in PDF format so the easiest way to save a copy is to right-click on the link and use "Save As" after locating the folder (or creating a folder) where you want to save it. Only takes a few seconds to download...

KB9BVL Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2013 16:49 Send this review to a friend
Nice little SWR bridge  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got a free one of these from a club member who was de-junking his shack of the things he had but will never use. Cleaned it off and decided to refurbish the whole thing while i had it apart to re-paint the cases. Disassembles the part that the coax runs through and found that some of the soldering joints the original builder had done on it were questionable. I ended up resoldering the unit and cleaning up the connectors and restoring it to like new. Works great! Gives the same SWR reading as my HW-2140 does. Looks great for a 50 year old piece of equipment. Wish they still made great little kits like this today.

W9OS Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2012 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Have had 10 of them over the years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great little power meter.Built my 1st one in 1965.Even keep one in my car emergency road kit.
1N914 diodes. Can resistor change for 50 or 75 ohms.
160M-450mhz
The one I have on 2m Does not like power over 100 watts on VHF.(the forward diode breaking down)
Ham fest prices $5-15 bucks
I keep a bunch around for the next antenna project.

WB8ICU Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2011 14:56 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I, too, have had at least one p2 swr bridge in my shack since 1970. I have 3 in the basement right now. They are usually quite cheap at swaps, and they are very sensitive, giving good readings at vhf and hf. I can get a full scale forward reading of my 2 meter HT when running 5 watts. Take that, MFJ.

K4ZOT Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2011 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Good Reliable Unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have built this from a kit in the mid-60s and it still works fine. Accuracy seems good. It does not have meter lights, but honestly does not need them. This is a good cheap HF/VHF SWR Rel. Power meter.

WB8ICU Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2010 04:48 Send this review to a friend
wide range swr  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a knight kit p2 swr bridge at my shack since 1970. It works great from hf to uhf (450). Few meters have this range. You can still get them at swaps and on ebay for very reasonable price. You may have to paint , since these items have been around at least since the 60's. I know, because I had my first one in 1961!!