Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ Power Supply Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ Power Supply
MFJ Power Supply Reviews: 8 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $139.95
Description: Model 4035MV Power Supply
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ Power Supply.

KG6CDR Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2012 15:42 Send this review to a friend
STILL TICKING!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this for a few years now, with NO problems. Just wanted to upgrade my rating to a 5 out of 5.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2010 20:10 Send this review to a friend
MFJ 4275 MV NICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This power supply works very well powerring my LGC 500 Smart Cube amplifier, when the fan come on during transmit under loud it not so loud you you won't be able to hear your radio on recieve, it has plenty of power for the LCG 500 SC to allow it to put out full output and then some. Had two Alinco 340s in parallel before and they worked good I though, but the MFJ 4275 MV works so much better powering the 500 SC. Having the Back lighted meters is a real plus.

KB5MIQ Rating: 3/5 Nov 5, 2008 18:07 Send this review to a friend
ok but  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
hi i agree with everyone else its a good well made supply but mine and MFJ;s idea of whisper quiet is way different. its way to loud even under the desk, and if you have to hide it why would you need the nice meters or front acess?
sold mine and got an astron.
73 david

W6PMR2 Rating: 3/5 Apr 4, 2003 21:08 Send this review to a friend
Not bad for $$  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like most others I think the fan is way to loud
and the meters should be lighted.
I have to laugh however every time I read the MFJ add saying it's "whisper quite"
On the plus side, it has served me faithfully for two years with no problems whatsoever. Something I cannot say for my Astron.

AA5XA Rating: 3/5 Apr 4, 2003 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Too Loud!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The power supply works OK, the problem is the loud cooling fan. You have to have it a distance from the operating position or it is a problem. I would not buy another one.

KG6CDR Rating: 4/5 Nov 5, 2001 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Good, BUT....  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Like others here, the noise level of the fan kicking in every time I transmit gets a little old, BUT.... it's worth the money. I have had no problems, and it powers my ICOM706IIG and a Drake SW receiver.

My complaint.... (I do have one) is the meters are not lighted. Seems like a strange thing to leave out?

N3DQU Rating: 4/5 Dec 19, 2000 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice hunka arn  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Yep, the '4035 is a nice hunk of "arn" alrite, but as others hv reported, the fan is loud under load...the MFJ "No Matter What" warranty however makes it a gud buy in my opinion, so put 'er under the desk.

N9GWL Rating: 2/5 Jun 10, 2000 00:51 Send this review to a friend
Spent the extra money and buy an astron.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This power supply seems to be built strong enough, and it has a lot of features. But it's main down fall is the loudest cooling fan, I have ever heard. The fan comes on every time the microphone is keyed. In my opinion, spend the extra bucks,get a quality supply, like an astron. What good is a supply, if you cant hear the radio over the cooling fan noise. Thanks for listening N9GWL.