Reviews Categories | Transverters | Spectrum Communications Transverter Help

Reviews Summary for Spectrum Communications Transverter
Spectrum Communications Transverter Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Line of 2, 4 and 6 meter band transverters, in kit or built
More info: http://www.spectrumcomms.co.uk/amateur.htm#TRANSCEIVE_CONVERTERS

You can write your own review of the Spectrum Communications Transverter.

G1HJW Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2012 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Follow up to first review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having now had the TRC4-10sl 28mhz to 70mhz Transverter now for some time.
I use a FT857 5w drive power for 25w out and have a BHI NES10-2 which means I can sit here with the squelch open on 70,200mhz & all I hear is the sound of silence till a station calls.

I find it a very good Transverter I have with just its 25w into a 4ele Beam worked from one end of Europe to the other LA,S51,OM,PA,DL,ON, down to IK CT,EA reports on my signal and audio are always good.

I can hear and work the same stations and hear the same Beacons as others local to me in UK,
and as the saying is if you cant hear them you cant work them.

All I am after now is buying a bigger antenna to give me a little more tx/rx signal.

VR2AX Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2010 06:32 Send this review to a friend
4 Metre Transverter TRC4-10s  Time owned: more than 12 months
Built from a kit. Not quite as simple as a Heath/Elecraft kit, but does the same thing. I have built both those. Instructions come on 8 pages (4 double-sided) instead of a 1/2" thick step-by-step manual. You have to be a bit more organised but it is a satisfying build in the end. Support from Antony via e-mail is fine. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

Review of the product - really good. How does the end result compare with the Elecraft kits? - works fine, just as good in real world terms - no noticeable IMD on receive even with 40-60dB over S9 sigs at FM bandwidth. Noise factor low. SSB and CW clean. Just need an allocation now. Will review the PA when it is in line for a while.

VR2AX / GW3YGH