Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | ClarityAloft Headset Help

Reviews Summary for ClarityAloft Headset
ClarityAloft Headset Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$525
Description: Clarity Aloft Aviation Headsets have merged the most advanced technologies from the fields of hearing science, aviation communications, and performance audio into a streamlined design. The Clarity Aloft headsets employ patented Comply™ Canal Tips, composed of soft viscoelastic foam, the same foam tips used in advanced hearing aids. More than simple earplugs, these foam tips provide full spectrum noise reduction: 35-45dB of attenuation. This advanced technology has been lab tested to prove that viscoelastic passive noise reduction (VPNR) is superior to active noise reduction (ANR), especially in the speech frequencies, precisely where clarity of sound and hearing protection is most needed for communications.
More info: http://www.clarityaloft.com/

You can write your own review of the ClarityAloft Headset.

K1LI Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2010 05:57 Send this review to a friend
Superb, long-wearing comfort  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have found on-ear and over-ear headsets to be tortuously uncomfortable when worn for long stretches in a contest. The CA headset solves the problem by integrating *in*-ear headphone elements with a boom mic into a package that gently but firmly grasps the operator's skull for support.

The CA headset is so comfortable - even while wearing eyeglasses - that I have inadvertently attempted to walk away from the radio still wearing the headset!

I applaud the fact that neither the earpieces nor the mic seems to be limited in frequency response -- I prefer to use the radio to apply any needed audio tailoring. The excellent audio reports I have received with the condenser mic include comments like, "bassy," which should please the ESSB crowd. The TX EQ and RX EQ facilities in my Elecraft K3 make it easy to *tune* the audio response for any given situation.

As a bonus, the integrated and volume-controlled headphone splitter makes it easy to connect the headset to either a 1/4" or 1/8" stereo or mono headphone jack. The mic plug is aviation standard 0.206" diameter, so a home-made adapter is almost certainly a must.

One could buy a good, used rig for the price of the CA headset. I am a very active ham and I operate at least eight contests per year. I plan for this to be "the last headset I ever own," so to me its outstanding comfort is worth the money.