Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Buxcomm A-802134HP 80 through 2 meters High-Power Windom Help

Reviews Summary for Buxcomm A-802134HP 80 through 2 meters High-Power Windom
Buxcomm A-802134HP  80 through 2 meters High-Power Windom Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $189.99
Description: The BUXCOMM 802136"HP" is the High-Power version of the number-one HF
antenna in the world. The total length of the BUXCOMM 802134 Windom 134
feet. BALUN is included. This Windom is factory assembled with all
insulators, Center suspension hardware, and Black-Diamond BALUN. Power
Rated @ 2000 watts. This antenna is turnstyle tested. Elements are made of
high-tensil strength, copper with PVC insulation and Nylon jacket covering.
More info: http://www.buxcomm.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8

You can write your own review of the Buxcomm A-802134HP 80 through 2 meters High-Power Windom.

N2ATM Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2010 19:43 Send this review to a friend
A Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this antenna during the summer based upon recommendations from fellow ham's, plus other Eham reviews of Buxcomm antenna products. The antenna was replacing a Radiio Works Windom that I had up for many years but finally failed.

The antenna arrived in a few days and was exactly as described. The construction was solid and complete. There were no splices or poor connections.

I installed the antenna per the recommendations at about 35 to 40 feet and fed it with about 100' of RG-213. After making my connections I proceeded to try it out. My first test was the SWR. To my surprise this antenna tuned a very low SWR on all bands from 6 to 80 meters using only the built in tuner on my FT-2000. I proceeded to attach my 2m rig and I was able to bring up my usual local repeaters using only 5 watts.

Upon calling CQ on 20 meters I made several stateside contacts and connected with one Cuban station. All signal reports were excellent with 100 watts. Since I spend some time on 80 meters at night I was pleased at the great signal reports I was receiving from the nets I participated in. So after around 6 months of use I have been extremely happy with the antenna. I have had many QSO's and usually get good signal reports. I purchased the HP version since I frequently use an amp and wanted the heavier wire. The antenna has performed flawlessly.

One final note about Buxcomm. I have read some negative comments about Buck who owns Buxcomm. I had the pleasure of dealing with Buck when I ordered the antenna and can only say it was an enjoyable experience. I also had to return something I had purchased and upon receiving my return they gave me a full refund without a hassle. I expect to be doing business with them again.