Reviews Categories | Ham Repeaters | Micro Node MN2000 Help

Reviews Summary for Micro Node MN2000
Micro Node MN2000 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$2,000
Description: UHF repeater/controller/duplexor/Echo-IRLP Node
More info: http://micro-node.com/

You can write your own review of the Micro Node MN2000.

AL1F Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2010 16:58 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Micro Node MN3000 is an all in one box that includes a 40 watt UHF repeater, a six cavity duplexer, controller and Echo-IRLP software. The only thing you need is a power supply.
IRLP is based on a Linux operating system. But if you're not a Linux guru fear not! They've written a fantastic GUI interface for the MN 2000. You can easily add and schedule announcements (text to speech or wave files).
This is such a well designed unit that I could stop right there. But I won't. Our MN3000 had been up and running for over a year with no problems. We recently had a flash memory chip failure and I called Mark Guibord at Micro Node. Talk about fantastic customer service! He was very patient all easy to work with, I could tell he wanted to get the problem resolved as much as I did. Even though the flash memory wouldn't allow us to access the IRLP, we were still able to use the repeater itself for basic communications.
When you look at the cost of a repeater, controller and duplexer and then compare it to this high tech box, the choice is obvious.
Micro Node also makes simplex and portable unis. heck out their web site.