Reviews Categories | Microphones | Yaesu MH-34B4B HT Spkr-Mic Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu MH-34B4B HT Spkr-Mic
Yaesu MH-34B4B HT Spkr-Mic Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$34
Description: HT Speaker Mic for FT-10/40/50 & VX-1R/2R/3R/60R

You can write your own review of the Yaesu MH-34B4B HT Spkr-Mic.

VE2AKS Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2014 04:08 Send this review to a friend
Good mike for your Yaesu handheld radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a demo mike in my favourite radio store for my FT1D. So far so good, the audio is very good both in analog and digital (C4FM/Fusion) modes: you can clearly hear the others and the transmitted audio is also very acceptable. I did some tests both with this mike and the MH-85A: little to not say no differences in transmitted audio.

That being said, the little strap attached to the cable is useless on the FT1D, the button on its top being too big. Not a big issue. The PTT button is a bit stiffer than the FTM400D's stock mike PTT so you have to *push* the PTT, not to *touch* the PTT to transmit ;-)

Don't waste your money on cheap copies (got two of them, none worked) this is the one you want.

KD2CTJ Rating: 4/5 Oct 2, 2012 12:14 Send this review to a friend
So Far, So Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mic seems sturdy enough. Using with my FT-60R.
I wish there was a way to use only the microphone and allow the audio to come through the HT speaker. That would make listening while mobile easier.
Other than that, happy with purchase so far.

KI4TCX Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2012 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Must have accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought this mike for my ft 60r. All I can say is wow! Small lightweight and packs a punch. I noticed the cord pop out problem right away. There is a cable support supplied by Yaesu which they suggest fits over the antenna. This works only if you are using the stock antenna. Since I will not always be using that antenna another solution was needed. I found a website vaughnweather.com and they suggest wraping the mic cord behind the radio under the belt clip which places tension on the cord and keeping it from poping out. So far so good. I definately think this was a good purchase.

EI4GMB Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2010 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Sounding Speaker Mic.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased my Yaesu MH-34B4B HT Speaker-Mic new at a local Hamfest for 34 Euros. I thought it was a little expensive at the time but I now feel it was worth it. The stiff PTT switch on my FT-60 HT was hard going and the MH-34B4B proved easier on my hand and also gave me more flexibility of movement.
Audio reports with this little speaker mic have been fantastic and some have even thought I was using a base rig and not a HT the sound was that good !!!
I would highly recommend the Yaesu MH-34B4B HT Spkr-Mic. It certainly will not disappoint !!!

W4IW Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2010 18:47 Send this review to a friend
2 Thumbs Up  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this on my FT-60R for nearly 3 years and I get unsolicited WOW comments on how my radio sounds even from other FT-60R owners. Only a few bucks more than a cheap copy and you can have the best.

KF7BRW Rating: 4/5 Jun 29, 2010 16:21 Send this review to a friend
A good serviceable speaker mic in spite of connction issues.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just received this spkr-mic as a gift and overall I am quite pleased with it. It is small and light weight which makes it suitable for attaching to a shirt collar or a radio strap on a vest. The 360 degree swivel clip facilitates attaching the mic in a convenient position and allowing ease of access. In spite of its small size and light weight it still has a solid, quality feel to it. Sound quality is good, especially considering the size of the speaker and the fact that it is serving double duty.

I do have a couple of issues with the way the microphone connects to the radio. The microphone connects to the radio with a right angle connector and tension on the mic cord can cause the plug to partially pull out, resulting in a "hot" mic. To correct this problem Yaesu has included a strain relief loop attached to the mic cord that slides over the tuning/channel selector knob on the radio. This causes two problems. One it is extremely difficult to use the tuning knob to change frequencies or switch memory channels. You are pretty much restricted to using the up and down keys on the radio keyboard, which is not that big a deal once you get used to it. The second issue is a bit more problematic. Motion of the mic cord can inadvertently cause the tuning knob to change frequencies/memories. My solution was to remove the strain relief loop and use an over sized rubber band to help hold the connector in place. This is a jury-rig solution at best.

Would I buy this product again? Yes.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes; with the caveat of the connector issues.

K1WJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2010 04:16 Send this review to a friend
Works Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have Mic hooked up to Yaesu VX-3R, audio reports have been just fine. Quality of build seems good. This mic is small, I like it alot. 73 Dave K1WJ