Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | BBlogger Help

Reviews Summary for BBlogger
BBlogger Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: BBLogger, is a new freeware software to fully manage your Ham or SWL Radio Station. Written by Giorgio IK2VIW with the support of Gigi IK2UVR. English version now available.
More info: http://www.bblogger.eu

You can write your own review of the BBlogger.

KK6GIL Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2014 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Working well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm computer savvy but a dirt beginner at ham radio. I tried several other logging programs including DXKeeper (that seems to be reviewed very well here). Each one had strange glitches or serious usability problems.
BBlogger installed easily. So far things are intuitive; I'm just a beginner so what I want to do is easily log my QSO's and be able to go back and look at them later. So far BBlogger does that really well (better than several others).
PRICELESS are the little additions--things like the world maps with regions/areas/call prefixes. Having all that in one place is just great.
I'll come back and review this again once I've had more experience. But I think there's value in knowing when a first-time experience for a beginning user is really positive.

RN3A Rating: 0/5 Dec 31, 2013 05:58 Send this review to a friend
Didn't like it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just recently discovered this one and decided to give it a try. The very first impression was awesome - nice interface, easy and intuitive, everything appears to be in place. All in a very compact design. Simply wonderful.

The first problem I have encountered started after I imported my current log (over 95,000 QSOs) into BBLogger. First it took ages to import ADIF file (over 1 hour). Then I restarted BBLogger and again, I had to wait over 15 minutes till it crunches all data. PC reboot didn't help - same old story, it takes forever to start BBLogger.

The second problem I had with BBCAT. Yes, it uses OmniRig as an interface to my radio, but simply starting CAT control creates most weird behavior of my radio. After you start it it tunes your radio to some other frequency, sometimes outside Ham bands.

I could have been doing something wrong, but I tried to closely follow the User Manual, and I was still getting the same results. Too bad. So I gave up after a couple of days trying. Just another reminder - the free cheese is only in the mousetrap..

JBYEATS Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2013 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have just downloaded this FREE software.
Excellent in many ways ; including ease of use .
This software represents the best of Amateur
Radio .... Hams co-operating and enabling other
hams for FREE .
Highly recommend this software.

IZ2XMK Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2013 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Straight, simple and free  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I want to write few words about this tool as it really deserve some attention. I tried many solutions on line and very popular and much more elaborated tools. Finally I tried out this and ..so simple, so straightforward, no useless gadgets nor thousands of windows.
It is fully integrated QRZ, EQSL, ClubLog, LOTW and will keep your logs real time updated..not to mention the award management capabilities.
Well, finally what I needed was already available (and for free) nothing more to say.

If I can give my friendly suggestion do not wait to test BBLogger.

I5GJK Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 03:20 Send this review to a friend
Meraviglioso  Time owned: more than 12 months
Perfetto, non ce ne sono di migliori.

N4EES Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2012 20:29 Send this review to a friend
works, and works well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I tried DX Lab/DX Keeper,and could never get it to install properly...to be fair, the problem could have been all my fault...out of frustration, I just gave up on it. Then I thought I'd try BB Logger...it installed and runs perfectly. It took awhile to figure out, for example, how to reinstall a backup log after a computer crash. But, it does everything I want a computer log to do, and it does it all simply and reliably... also,the updates come on nearly a daily basis. All this, and it is FREE! So, it has earned a 5 rating from me.

IZ2ABZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2010 02:19 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Wonderful program, easy to use, clear windows, diplomas and managers updated continuously.
This free program is superior to many other logs not free.

Good work boys team bblog.
73 de carlo IZ2ABZ

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 4/5 Mar 9, 2010 16:21 Send this review to a friend
It's something!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had used it for a couple of months. Maybe that's due to mere log aversion. The program itself is fine. Works perfectly, it is under development and gets better and better over time. There is a ham community where to post questions... the program is free... what else? Well, for example I would like a log with a nicer layout that fully integrates with all the programs such as HRD, Digipan etc etc, no matter what program is. The program is intuitive to use in a basic mode but it is a complex one if you want to get the most of it, in my modest and biased opinion.

HC2AD Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2010 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Friendly software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very friendly software... not heavy at all and many features in it. Thank you to the developers for this nice contribution to global radio amateur comunity.

IT9YEM Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2010 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Very good program  Time owned: more than 12 months
J am Mario IT9YEM, for me bblogger is a better program for us OM, tnx to Giorgio and Gian Luigi "Gigi". J use bblogger since the 1^ release,j haven't problems whith him. Now j use the 1.0.19 built 002, j can use bblogger whithout difficulty.