Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-812B Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-812B
MFJ-812B Reviews: 27 Average rating: 1.9/5 MSRP: $34.95
Description: 2-Meter & 220 MHz SWR/Wattmeter
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-812B

You can write your own review of the MFJ-812B.

W4KVW Rating: 1/5 Jun 10, 2017 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Worse than GARBAGE!  Time owned: more than 12 months
PLEASE "RUN" as fast as you possibly can from this piece of total JUNK.It's OK as an SWR Meter ONLY.It is the worst excuse EVER for a wattmeter on any band.Better yet just don't buy anything that says, MFJ on it & save yourself the headache & the loss of time & hard earned money.They just keep on living up to their hard earned reputation of building more & more junk. {:>(

KD5FLN Rating: 4/5 Jan 30, 2014 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Liked it so much I bought another.   Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my first MFJ-812b back around 1998/99 and at first it can get confusing to use, especially if you didnt read the instructions. Well, after reading the instructions it's actually a good, inexpensive piece of equipment to use if your looking for something to check your SWR & power output on that new mobile radio or antenna. I've had no problems with anything from MFJ that I purchased over the years.

KI4GTJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2012 02:00 Send this review to a friend
Works like it should  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Have no problem works great

N5YSZ Rating: 0/5 Aug 21, 2008 19:06 Send this review to a friend
junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yep it is a useless piece of junk. I ruined 2 good antenna and hours spent for nothing.get a Bird!

KI6PDQ Rating: 0/5 Jul 21, 2008 20:50 Send this review to a friend
Wake up n smell d coffee  Time owned: more than 12 months
Welcome to MFJ "Mighty fine Junk" my dummy load was a lemon out of the box, thanks MFJ.

AB0XE Rating: 0/5 Jul 21, 2008 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Did not Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted a inexpensive swr meter for my ARES radio box. My antenna was 1.5 to 1
I 1st checked it on a Yaesu YS-500, then Daiwa CN 103l
MY radio was set for 10 watts, hooked up MFJ, switched to forward power ,set full scale deflections as required , switched to Reflected power and it is still reads 10 watts
Checked and double checked then
like a dope I took it apart thinking there might be cold solder joint or something, of course now my warranty is void. MFJ must love dopes like me
Well I quess if nothing else I have a forward power watt meter

KE3JH Rating: 0/5 May 30, 2008 06:33 Send this review to a friend
real bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i ordered mfj 812b and didnt work. the store said they will send a new one so i asked they check it first. Well they checkes 7 models before they found ONE THAT WORKED! im hoping it still works when it gets here. I thought they inspected there junk before they shipped them to the stores?

KB0LPI Rating: 4/5 May 1, 2007 13:25 Send this review to a friend
Works fine for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
SWR readings seemed in line for the antenna I was running. Power readings confirmed factory specs on 2 radios. the 30W setting was right on the money, but I don't know how they picked where to put the 300W mark. It was nowhere even close, but it worked fine when I calibrated for 300W scale according to the instructions.

VE3QJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2007 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this meter in 2005 and i keep it in hooked up. Nice size, Accurate, good price, (around $40.00 cdn), and i like the convenience of the 220 band coverage.
Great for field day too.
I highly recommend it.

N8ERM Rating: 0/5 Mar 18, 2007 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Junker  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is the worst piece of test gear I have ever used. The readings and not even close to accurate. If you use this you will need to order finals for your rig because a dead short in a piece of feed line was a 1.7 to 1. I scrapped the guts and used the enclosure for a project box. It is its only use.