Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Realistic Pro 25 Help

Reviews Summary for Realistic Pro 25
Realistic   Pro 25 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $299 Cdn 199 sale
Description: 100 Channel Handheld Scanner
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Realistic Pro 25.

AD6YO Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2001 19:19 Send this review to a friend
May be slightly out dated, but still works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was my first, and only scanner. Bought it in 1997. It introduced me to Ham radio. Contrary to what the other reviewer said, it was avaiable in the United States. I still own it, and even though the outside may not look new, it still works as well as the first day it turned it on, even after a few drops onto cement, etc. I still prefer using it over my HT for listening to railroads, highway patrol, the local airport, etc. Extremely easy to use. I've considered selling it a few times, but just couldn't do it hehe.

VE7BGP Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2000 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Nice little package.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The other day I said that I will review the Realistic Pro 25 100 channel handheld scanner. I think it is only avaible in Canada, Australia and Europe. This is a great little scanner I bought it when they were introduced in the fall of '95. Like I said in my review of the Pro 2032 you learn to program one Radio Shack you basiclly learn them all. I don't know about there latest trunking scanners. I would like to read a review on them by someone that owns one. Trunking is not used on Vancouver Island yet. The scanner covers some of the 800 Mhz. band I would like to find the mod for full 800 coverage. As it was not avaible in the States there should be mod information out there. Full 800 Mhz. coverage scanners are not banned in Canada yet. The little scanner is easy to use and program has a search feature, has good audio nice size only takes 4 AA cells charge life on Ni-cads about 10 hours. The little scanner has good sensitivity and intermod rejection. Radio Shack no longer carries this scanner but they are a real good buy on the used market up here in Canada.