Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Reviews: 81 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£475.00 + Shipping
Description: Description: A six band broadband Hexagonal Beam Antenna designed by Steve G3TXQ and manufactured in the UK by Anthony MW0JZE. Comparable performance to a full size two element yagi on bands 20M Ė 6M with no tuner needed! Antenna is made in a pre-assembled form meaning a quite assembly time with no tuning involved, just assemble and mount to your mast. Full spec can be found on Anthonyís web site wwwg3txq-hexbeam.com Price £475 GBP plus shipping
More info: http://www.g3txq-hexbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE.

2E0SDV Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2017 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Best thing I've bought   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought my Hex beam from Anthony coming up to a year ago. I was amazed at the helpful service that was provided and how well everything was handled.
The hex beam is a simple 2 element antenna that I could fit into my very small garden. It took an hour to assemble son my own using the helpful guide included.
ever since I have had the antenna up I have noticed that I have a better grasp on the DX and I am working more and more as the day goes on.
The service from Anthony is amazing! and he is a real person. None of this computerized email response stuff. And if you are stumped by anything his fast email response is top notch.

Over all I am very happy with the service provided and the antenna is the best I could have hoped for! Love it!

BG2WRJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2017 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Easy installation  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a very good antenna, although it is a fixed version, but it is not bulky, easy to assemble, you can work without adjustment, very convenient for me

VK2QV Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2017 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent multi band antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Hexbeam was put-up on the mast about 6 weeks ago. I have a small backyard and wanted to operate on 20m through 6m including the WARC bands using my homebrewed antenna mast.

Prior to purchasing the antenna I did much research and decided to go on with Hexbeam by Ant MW0JZE.

The antenna works great on all 6 bands and low VSWR throughout the bands. Superbly built with quality great materials. Assembly of the antenna was very easy and instructions were very clear. Iím using 1:1 balun made by Ant as well.

Antenna is sitting about 10m above the ground level and VSWR was measured using RigExpert antenna analyzer and very impressed with low SWR over entire band so no tuner needed. All 6 bands at it resonant and it is a real wide bander.

Communication with Ant is very easy by email or Whatsapp and you will get a prompt reply from him.

In general the antenna works excellent and DX signal reports are much better compared to my old homebrewed Cobwebb antenna. Most of the times I use 300w and can easily break a pileup.

I will recommend this antenna for anyone who has limited space and no need of big tower and simple rotator will turn the antenna with ease. Iím using Yaesu G-450A rotator to turn the antenna.

for more info: https://www.qrz.com/db/VK2QV

73 Ras VK2QV

G0GPH Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2016 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Great performer.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned the Hexbeam for over 6 months now and I am still impressed with the results I am getting. Although there are just two elements per band, there are no lossy traps to waste rf energy, and there is less to go wrong too! This MW0JZE version is very well engineered, and (if you have the room) easy to assemble. Ant, is very supportive and responds quickly to emails. Performance wise, I can work DX even when propagation is marginal. To my amazement, I've even busted pileups where your up against some seriously high and big antennas, running high power. The Hexbeam does an amazing job, considering it is only a 2 element design with a turning radius of only 3.5m.

SKIPPYONTHEAIR Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2016 02:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is my 4th Antenna since becoming Licensed.
First was a MFJ Mag Loop which was great but a hassle retuning all the time. Second was a MP1 Super Antenna was OK. Then moved and had a G5RV which was a good antenna but the it got damaged and I got some cash and was hearing great things a Hexbeams so stumped up some cash and got one.

First of all Ant was first class and kept me informed of the delays of production as due to all the good reviews the hexbeam was getting there was a bit of a backlog.

Payment was simple and when the item arrived I was surprised how small the box was, Ok it was 6ft high but only about 20cms deep and wide.

Construction, Did take me a little bit longer than the hour but there was only one of me but I kept going back to the videos to double and triple check things and kept loosing nuts and bolts in the grass.

While waiting for the MM0CUG mast to be installed I fired the hexbeam up on the grass and worked the US on 20m from the North East of Scotland, for the past 2 years I hadn't even heard the US let alone tried to work them.

Got it up on the MM0CUG Mast (Need to do a review on that) and suddenly the world came alive. Could hear Brazil, worked my first African station could hear the fart east but haven't got around to working them yet.

The first big test for me was the Cevantes diploma. Big pile ups and with 100w had broken through in usually les than 5 calls (Previous antennas I wouldn't have even tried)

At the moment Im trying just to work countries I haven't worked before or special event stations rather than logging up 100s of contacts in competitions and in a week I had worked more DXCC than I had in 5 years.

To be honest I want to give this antenna 0 rating as its such a good antenna I don't want to have to go and compete on a level playing field with everyone getting one!

Ant is very helpful and I believe he has some innovations for the hexbeam in the pipeline.

Ian
MM0IHE

G0VTU Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2016 00:14 Send this review to a friend
Get one!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've known Ant personally for many years, I decided to purchase one of his Hexbeams when I came back on the air in 2015 after a long break. During 2016 I have worked 162 new DXCC with it. I have it on a 12m tower, but most of the time it is only at around 6m high from the ground. The antenna is extremely well made. Ant is a really helpful guy, if you need any help in setting it up he is only a phonecall or e-mail away and answers swiftly. Get one, you won't be disappointed!. 73...Dave G0VTU

G4OBB Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2016 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had mine 3 months now...what a great antenna...years ago I had a 3 element tribander , worked ok but this is far superior.

Ant is a great guy to deal with...

got mine at 12 metres, but it worked very well just a few metres above ground. I'd give this a "6" if I could.

Worked more DX in the last few months than for years, despite the poor propo and summer doldrums.

BUY ONE....

ON8ON Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2016 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Be aware old model under extrem wet condx when QRO on RTTY   Time owned: more than 12 months
Be aware for the older model. Mine is from 2010. Under extrem wet conditions and high power activity on RTTY mode, the dacron insulators can burn.
Under dry wheather all is OK, same with 1.200 W RTTY.
I was on 15m RTTY with 600 W. Lot of rain. The insulators have burned. I have a " old " model from 2010. The New version have now 2 pvc insulators added on each Dacron spacers. So no problem anymore. I recommend you this antenna. And excellent support from Anthony.
73 Yves ON8ON

KP4KD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2015 16:40 Send this review to a friend
A great antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I wanted to upgrade from vertical and long wire antennas and decided on this idea given some space limitation and positive reviews from many. I am very pleased with the decision and have to congratulate Ant for the excellent quality of the product, its ruggedness, and ease of assembly. Ant does a magnificent job in detailing the process for assembly and his instructional videos on the site are a very helpful source of information. He is also readily available on email for support. The Hex has worked flawlessly from day one and, as the old saying goes, "if I can hear them, I can work them!"

KP4KD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2015 13:30 Send this review to a friend