Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Reviews: 74 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£475.00 + Shipping
Description: Description: A six band broadband Hexagonal Beam Antenna designed by Steve G3TXQ and manufactured in the UK by Anthony MW0JZE. Comparable performance to a full size two element yagi on bands 20M – 6M with no tuner needed! Antenna is made in a pre-assembled form meaning a quite assembly time with no tuning involved, just assemble and mount to your mast. Full spec can be found on Anthony’s web site wwwg3txq-hexbeam.com Price £475 GBP plus shipping
More info: http://www.g3txq-hexbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE.

ON8ON Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2016 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Be aware old model under extrem wet condx when QRO on RTTY   Time owned: more than 12 months
Be aware for the older model. Mine is from 2010. Under extrem wet conditions and high power activity on RTTY mode, the dacron insulators can burn.
Under dry wheather all is OK, same with 1.200 W RTTY.
I was on 15m RTTY with 600 W. Lot of rain. The insulators have burned. I have a " old " model from 2010. The New version have now 2 pvc insulators added on each Dacron spacers. So no problem anymore. I recommend you this antenna. And excellent support from Anthony.
73 Yves ON8ON

KP4KD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2015 16:40 Send this review to a friend
A great antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I wanted to upgrade from vertical and long wire antennas and decided on this idea given some space limitation and positive reviews from many. I am very pleased with the decision and have to congratulate Ant for the excellent quality of the product, its ruggedness, and ease of assembly. Ant does a magnificent job in detailing the process for assembly and his instructional videos on the site are a very helpful source of information. He is also readily available on email for support. The Hex has worked flawlessly from day one and, as the old saying goes, "if I can hear them, I can work them!"

KP4KD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2015 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Spot on decision!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

MM0GPZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2015 02:09 Send this review to a friend
Top quality product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I first built my own G3TXQ Hexbeam in April 2008 after avidly following Steve G3TXQ's daily updates as he completed scores of experiments to attempt to improve upon Mike Traffies original Classic Hexbeam antenna. Back then Steve was experimenting with lots of different designs and eventually settled upon what has become the new broadband Hexbeam standard that all Hexbeam manufacturers now produce, albeit with some mechanical enhancements.
I have been delighted with the performance of my own Hexbeam since the first day it was installed and have managed to work most everything I could hear in spite of a less than wonderful QTH. However my homebrew hex has required plenty of TLC over the years with various issues all caused by my own lack of ability in mechanical issues. Spreaders snapped, wires snapped, the fibreglass centrepost snapped etc. I finally got fed up fixing this Hex and took the plunge and purchased an MW0JZE hexbeam. I was lucky that Ant had a cancelled order and I got mine in next day after ordering.

The difference in the build quality is incredible. I will be amazed if I need to attend to this Hex for any mechanical issues any time soon. The quality of the centre post is quite something to behold although all components are of high quality. The antenna itself is very easy to assemble with all wires premade and it only requiring them to be fed through the poles (spreaders) and connected to the centrepost. Ant has helpfully made videos where he demonstrates each step in how to assemble the antenna if required. I did not need to make any adjustments.

Performance.
Firstly the antenna demonstrated low SWR dips across each band. I fully expected this and wasn't disappointed. You can forget needing a tuner with this antenna.

Secondly the antenna shows decent forward gain and plenty of rejection. I particularly notice when I beam west away from the neighbouring houses behind me that the noise level drops away dramatically.

This is a 6 bands - 2 full size elements per band, trapless, compact but with fine performance across all of the bands it covers. Of course it is a compromise antenna and I would like mono banders here but this antenna fits at this QTH and is a real world solution for me and many others it seems.

Ant has made a super high quality version of this which I fully recommend to others.

M0TTB Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2015 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Major improvement over original version  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ant's original hexbeam had been in service here since 2011, producing over 300 dxcc entities for me in that time, in fact 275+ on each band from 20-10m.

Despite my mast falling over and other embarrassing mishaps that were nothing to do with the antenna, not to mention Ant always ready with a spare element or spreader section when needed, I decided to treat myself to a newer version.

The build quality has just got better and better, those fibreglass arms are now seriously strong! The new metal centre column, now with convenient SO-239 socket, and the blue anodized hub, are extremely impressive.

The wire element sections are now as heavy duty as any other part of Ant's hexbeam, the combination of rtty+qro+moisture are not to be feared these days! Having taken up rtty this year, I'm appreciating this aspect.

However, the best bargain of an MW0JZE hexbeam is Ant himself with the tireless back-up he delivers to his customers over the years.

OZ9KL Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2015 22:30 Send this review to a friend
Super antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought this Hexbeam in January 2015. Mounted on a 6 meter pole and total about 11 meter over earth.
QTH in a noisy town. Have very good results and have qso's 15000 km. away. Bought this with the extreme weather supports, and this saved me. Had a really bad snowstorm last weekeend, and the antenna survived. This weekend we have a windy storm with about 35 - 40 m/s, and the antenna is still standing. Easy to assemble, and low swr on all 6 band.

2E1AYS Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2015 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Awesome   Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna has got me in so much trouble with the XYL.
1, I never watch TV with her now.
2, She has to do the shopping on her own.
3, Always in the shack.
4, I spend more money.
5, She eats her meals on her own.
6, She say's i don't talk to her anymore.
7, I go to bed late and get up really early.

WHY
Because i bought a Hexbeam manufactured by Ant MW0JZE and now i can hear the DX it has brought my radio to life. I now spend more time on the radio listening and working the DX till late at night then up early to work the DX on a morning in fact all the time.All them weak stations i used to hear are now workable, stations that where S1 are now S3, its made a big big difference for me. My DXCC & IOTA scores have increased so has my QSL collection
so now less money for the XYL, as i use it for all the QSL cards i send for.
So now you can see why i get in trouble with the XYL.

The Hexbeam was so easy to build up took about 1hr .There was a instruction sheet and also some Youtube videos to watch
It came with all the spreaders marker up, all the wires where in separate bags labelled for each band.
The build quality is fantastic very solid all parts are well made. SWR was flat across all bands.

I exchanged emails with Ant over a few weeks asking various questions about the antenna, he answered more a less straight away. Great coms.

The only regret i have is not buying it sooner as i have missed loads of good DX. but the best £500 i have spent on radio equipment.

You can have the best radio in the world but if your antenna is poor you wont hear the DX, if you have a Hexbeam you have the best of everything.

Ant thanks for the great service and super antenna. Sorry the wife doesn't agree as she was happy when i had the MA5B as i spent more time with her then.

2M0ONW Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2015 03:48 Send this review to a friend
2m0onw  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi im a proud owner of the 6 band hexbeam this is my first review and my second hexbeam frm anthony mw0jze.this antenna changed my world for ham radio i have worked all around the world frm digi modes to ssb with this antenna, it also out performed my 3 element mosley at the height of 40ft but also works great at 20ft.
I have used many antennas in the past but i always come bk to the hexbeam as you know you have 6 bands to play with.
If you are thinking of purchasing a hexbeam anthony is the man to deal with he is very honest and down to earth bloke.
So what you waiting for go buy yourself a hexbeam you wont be disappointed i wasent
Cheers kev 2m0onw:)

EA5IDQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2015 07:31 Send this review to a friend
The Best Quality-Price Relationship  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am owner for 1 year and I had not problems to work all I listen.

Antenna is very strong and it has not proble with strong winds. I live very close to the beach, in front of Mediterranean Sea and I never has a problem.

But the best is Price & Quality. Which antenna offers you 2 elements with no traps from 6 till 20 meters? . . .

Service is Fantastic... If you need something, they answer you as soon as possible.

I am really happy with this antennaand I am thinking to buy one for my Dxpeditions.

73 de Jose EA5IDQ
www.dxpedition.eu

EA4SE Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 19:52 Send this review to a friend
PERFECTA   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Increible prestaciones , yo antes he trabajado con logoperidica de 8 elem y esta antena no tiene nada que envidiarla , me a sorprendido el poco ruido que recoje es muy silenciosa y con unas prestaciones en el dx escepcionales , sinceramente en relación calidad precio no se puede pedir mas , el montaje es sencillo no tiennes que ajustar nada.Yo le monte su balun original y los refuerzos centrales , creo que despues de años y varias antenas , es la antena masa completa y con el rendimiendo mkas optimo en todas las bandas que tube.