Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Reviews: 54 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£475.00 + Shipping
Description: Description: A six band broadband Hexagonal Beam Antenna designed by Steve G3TXQ and manufactured in the UK by Anthony MW0JZE. Comparable performance to a full size two element yagi on bands 20M – 6M with no tuner needed! Antenna is made in a pre-assembled form meaning a quite assembly time with no tuning involved, just assemble and mount to your mast. Full spec can be found on Anthony’s web site wwwg3txq-hexbeam.com Price Ł475 GBP plus shipping
More info: http://www.g3txq-hexbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE.

M0RCX Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2014 00:39 Send this review to a friend
Well Built & Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

There are so many reasons for purchasing an Antenna that is fit for purpose and tailored to your individual operating circumstances. I recently flew out to Mauritius and required a lightweight yet effective directional antenna that I could use of HF and 6 meters. After much research and reading of similar reviews I opted for the Hexbeam Antenna.

Prior to purchase I contacted Anthony MW0JZE and discussed size and weight constraints for carriage on Civilian Aircraft and I was pleasantly surprised that the whole antenna shipped would fit nicely into a padded snowboard bag and conformed to Airline Baggage Size regulations.

On arrival at my destination I was particularly impressed with the build quality and attention to detail that Anthony had put into this product and have to say it simply was first class.

Assembly was a breeze and made straight forward with the informative assembly videos provided on his web site.

A check with an analyser prior to placing on the mast showed the antenna resonant and SWR as advertised and thats with me stood between the elements. Up in the air it was even better.

Again restricted by weight constraints I had opted for a lightweight TV rotator to turn the beam and was again incredibly impressed that the antennas's lightweight build rotated effectively on such a device.

Initial checking of the antenna were made switching PSK on to 20 metres and the whole bandwidth came alive with sharp strong traces which I was unable to achieve previously using wire antennas.

Propagation was not at It's best during my time QRV but despite this the MW0JZE hexbeam provided solid contacts to the majority of the world.

In summary the antenna is extremely well built, it is lightweight, it is almost a plug and play resonant antenna, the pre order and post order customer service from Anthony is exceptional.

I would certainly recommend purchasing one so much so that I have left mine in Mauritius for another local HAM to use and I am purchasing a second later this year.

Robert
M0RCX
3B8/M0RCX

EA3EWO Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2014 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the Hexbeam from Ant MW0JZE and had it on the ground, built and waiting for a Hiab to arrive to install on my mast (easiest option)I worked JP7BNO on SSTV from four feet off the ground.
I always thought my 80-6 Windom was good, but the Hex surpassed all, just no comparison.
Easy to build, back up from MW0JZE second to none, I cant fault it, six broadband HF antenna, EXCEPTIONAL.

MI5RJS Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2014 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Broadband 6 Band Hexbeam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my G3TXQ broadband 6 Band Hexbeam about 4 weeks. Have it in air since 25/3/2014 and boy does it work, working stations that I had never heard before and a lot quieter than the Cushcraft MA5B Beam that the Hexbeam replaced.
Anthony (MW0JZE) kept me posted from I ordered it to delivery of the beam and has still being in touch about the build as and when I let him know how I was getting on, He is excellent at his job building this light weight beam the construction is second to none and as for putting it together everything is all marked just plug and play and away you go.
the SWR is excellent on all bands no need for a tuner.
I would say to anyone who is thinking of buying a beam and no wanting to spend a fortune this is the beam to buy light weight very very easy to built and will fit into any small garden.
no tuning or alterations needed just built it and start working all the stations you never heard before.
I congratulate G3TXQ Mr Hunt for designing this broadband beam and MW0JZE for making this beam and making the video's on how to construct it.
I think they should be both be awarded in some way for there excellence 5/5 all the way for materials used in the beam and not forgetting that you can contact Anthony anytime no matter how long you have the Hexbeam and he is always glad to help.
To sum up my experiance of the Hexbeam so far.
The hexbeam is an excellant light weight beam with six band 20m to 6m with no need for an ATU easy to construct with very good ears and if you hear a station you will work it.
Thank you Anthony and Mr Hunt for putting together an Excellent HexBeam.
don't think about it go and buy one Hi Hi

VR2XMT Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2014 23:40 Send this review to a friend
A++++++ Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using Hexbeam since two years ago, which is the product from USA. However, three months ago, I decided to put it down and replaced with the antenna from Ant. Please don’t ask me why! However, if you have a chance to use and compare the two, sure you can find the difference, especially your QTH have strong wind or big typhoons... etc
Well, the antenna from Ant is well made and easy to install and everything working perfect. Although it has a minor problem with the spacers at the very first beginning, Ant action very quickly and sorting out all the issues promptly. Thanks Ant for this great antenna and your excellent support.
People keep asking me what antenna I’m using. I am proud to tell – “ It is the product from Ant, MW0JZE”
73 Charlie
VR2XMT

ON4BAR Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2014 09:53 Send this review to a friend
This product is AmazinG  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After having used different yagi antennas (KT34XA, Hygain Cushcraft, Fritzel...) I could not believe the result of de Hexbeam…
In the meantime, I am the owner of a Hexbeam G3TXQ built by MW0JZE. If you listening to the receiver, you can not imagine that you go with only a 2 element antenna.
The results are super, it means that all signals I hear, I also can work them, not all the strong one’s but importantly, also the very weak signals. Likewise a pile up is even very good to get true. Good SWR curve on all bands. The antenna is only 12 meters above the ground level. While I used height and had to use custom resources to draw up the heavy and large beams, this can now with a simple siphon construction.
It is not necessary to spend large sums of money to antennas that on paper turn out to be magical ... Try the Hexbeam and you will surprised by the result.
You can know if you have one.
73 Nico.

GI0JHR Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Value for Money MW0JZE Hexbeam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Decided to buy this Antenna to replace an ageing Cushcraft R5. I ordered it in early December and Ant immediately started his communications via e-mail at every stage of the purchase and each stage of construction. Advice can be found on line on how to put together on arrival.
Ant makes the antenna to order and you choose your options. I was told my antenna would arrive before Christmas which it duly did.
On opening the box you can see the quality of the engineering. The parts are packed with care and everything bagged and numbered.
The antenna is easy to build when you have watched the online video. You feel as if you are creating something that has real quality. When put together the whole thing is surprisingly light. I was able to lift the complete structure on to my Tennamast single handedly.
I have already worked DX from Northern Ireland better than anything in a long time. Middle East, USA, South America and Africa all with 5 9 reports. I am finding a lot of people on the air are using or are aware of the Hexbeam and they are giving it great reports.
I would thoroughly recommend to anyone on a budget wanting a top quality antenna to buy the G3TXQ Hexbeam made with care and skill br Ant MW0JZE.

M0HEW Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 10:18 Send this review to a friend
The Hexbeam exceeded all of my expectations!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Firstly,I would like to acknowledge the fantastic communication from Anthony during my 'contemplation' time. He was very helpful and provided lots of information in a timely manner. The information and assembly videos on his website are fantastic and very useful to refer to both in advance of the purchase and also as support whilst erecting the Hexbeam. The Hexbeam is fantastic value for money and is, in my opinion, superior to many other similar products that are available. Delivery was exceptionally efficient, I was notified on the Monday that the Hexbeam had been dispatched and I received it on the Tuesday afternoon. The build quality of the Hexbeam is exceptional and assembly is very straight forward especially with the support of the assembly videos available! Performance and S.W.R. are exactly as advertised & my only regret was waiting for so long before deciding to order! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.73s M0HEW TONY

EI8JA Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2014 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered mine on 26th of November and had it within three weeks. It arrived very well packed. Assembly was very easy and straightforward. Build quality is excellent. On air it's fantastic, hearing stations now that I couldn't hear on the Cushcraft R8 that it replaced and it's much quieter. Mine is up only 25 feet but it really does work well at this height. It also stood up well to the recent storms we had here in southern Ireland. Quality product.

G3UCQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had to wait some weeks for my hex beam to be delivered but boy! was it worth it. The antenna went together in just over one hour, and, with it fixed to a Workmate 3' above ground I worked a UA0 on 20m cw. Once the antenna was on my Tennamast I have been working DX and cracking pileups on a regular basis.
We have had some gale force winds here lately (Cornwall) and the antenna is still as it was when I put it up.
An excellent purchase thanks to G3TXQ and MW0JZE.

MW3HAS Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2013 02:55 Send this review to a friend
g3txq by mw0jze  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
had the hexbeam installed on the apex at 35ft in april this year only took one hour to assemble low swr on all the six bands I use 10w and I can contact all that I hear. and ant is allways there if you want any advice