Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Reviews: 57 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£475.00 + Shipping
Description: Description: A six band broadband Hexagonal Beam Antenna designed by Steve G3TXQ and manufactured in the UK by Anthony MW0JZE. Comparable performance to a full size two element yagi on bands 20M – 6M with no tuner needed! Antenna is made in a pre-assembled form meaning a quite assembly time with no tuning involved, just assemble and mount to your mast. Full spec can be found on Anthony’s web site wwwg3txq-hexbeam.com Price £475 GBP plus shipping
More info: http://www.g3txq-hexbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE.

EI8JA Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2014 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered mine on 26th of November and had it within three weeks. It arrived very well packed. Assembly was very easy and straightforward. Build quality is excellent. On air it's fantastic, hearing stations now that I couldn't hear on the Cushcraft R8 that it replaced and it's much quieter. Mine is up only 25 feet but it really does work well at this height. It also stood up well to the recent storms we had here in southern Ireland. Quality product.

G3UCQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had to wait some weeks for my hex beam to be delivered but boy! was it worth it. The antenna went together in just over one hour, and, with it fixed to a Workmate 3' above ground I worked a UA0 on 20m cw. Once the antenna was on my Tennamast I have been working DX and cracking pileups on a regular basis.
We have had some gale force winds here lately (Cornwall) and the antenna is still as it was when I put it up.
An excellent purchase thanks to G3TXQ and MW0JZE.

MW3HAS Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2013 02:55 Send this review to a friend
g3txq by mw0jze  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
had the hexbeam installed on the apex at 35ft in april this year only took one hour to assemble low swr on all the six bands I use 10w and I can contact all that I hear. and ant is allways there if you want any advice

G3YZY Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2013 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Superb HF beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best HF directional beam for 10 to 20 metre bands I have used. The VSWR on all bands does not vary even when you get near to a roof and performance is great. Have used Mosley beams and they often de-tune when near a roof.
I have worked VKs, South Africa and many countries that I had difficulty with in the past!
Very well made, easy to assemble and excellent support from Anthony.
Can ask no more of an antenna.

DJ3ZF Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2013 03:38 Send this review to a friend
A really great antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After a couple of years in amateur radio with simple wire antennas I wanted to work with a beam.
I decided for the Hexbeam, because it covers 6 bands, has a small turning radius, is lightweight and quite simple with no traps.
The construction of Ant, MW0JZE, satisfied me with its proper coaxial center post instead of using several pieces of coaxial cables.
I had to wait some weeks for delivery, but therefor all parts seemed to be well done. And there was a good communication via e-mail with Ant, thanks for that!
I only changed the delivered zincked U-bolts to those made of stainless steel, which I found at www.ukw-berichte.de (I had to open them a littlebit, but that was quickly done).

Now the Hex is in the air for 3 months, 14m above the ground and 4,5m above the roof:
Good SWR on all six bands, it survived the autumn storms uncomplainingly, and outperforms clear my ZS6BKW wire antenna for DX. A really great antenna!

GI4FZD Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Aerial by MW0JZE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had one of Ant's hexbeam up in the air for almost a year now and I must say
it is one of the best investments I have made in Amateur radio.

I use it mostly on 17 meters and have been surprised with the number of hex to hex
contacts I have made around the world including a lot with less than 10 watts using a
KX3.

I have had various aerials up at this qth over the years MA5B, TA33Jnr,cobwebb etc and I am delighted not only by the superior performance and the build quality of the hexbeam but also the service that I got from MW0JZE.

I use the hexbeam attached to an Anan-100D driving a KPA500 solid state amplifier and I
don't need to worry about a tuner as the hexbeam is less than 1.5:1 across all bands 20 meters to 6 meters.

This has got to be the best bang for buck out there at the minute and I would thoroughly reccomend The G3TXQ Hexbeam by MW0JZE to anyone.

Ask Santa for one..you never know.

73 to all
and a Merry Christmas
Paul
GI4FZD

ON8VP Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 08:23 Send this review to a friend
NO REGRETS  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered a few sets for portable use, as base antenna and for some friends. None of us regret having bought! Assembly is simple and straight forward, takes only 1 hour, materials are best quality, small size for big results, SWR below 1:2 on all bands and for the whole bandwidth.
I can contact all that i hear and signals on the other side are astonishing ! You can put them higher on the mast because smaller footprint and less weight( 9.5 kg). Very easy to keep in good condition . It does not move in stormy weather , SWR does not change either when it rains.

To all the XYL, the perfect Christmas present.....

ON8VP and company

G8CDD Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Be Warned :-)  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
SERIOUS WARNING: To anyone contemplating buying the G3TXQ Hexbeam by MW0JZE

OK: Excellent service from a guy who obviously cares about his customers.
OK: Custom 35mm stub mast supplied with no hassle; to fit my SCAM12 mast.
OK: Email warning when shipped and it arrived the next day, beautifully packed.
OK: Easier to assemble than the washing line that it stands next to.
OK: Loads up from my FT950 on all bands... no hassle.

BUT... Why is there no warning that you are going to need a new atlas to find
all those places you never heard from before?
(Sorry, I should have posted this earlier so you could put out some hints for Xmas.)

ON4ADN Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Super antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After having great beams all kinds I was thinking about dismantling the great beams and going for a small version. I saw a lot of beams but the Hexbeam was for me : small and with a good compromise. I bought 2 of those antennas and the result was amazing, I could hear all the DX stations just as before !!! We had only 1 problem because in ON we may use legal 1500 watts power but 1 insulator cord was melting down. Togeter we made a solution and Ant made some insulators for high power and now there is no problem anymore even test with 1500 RTTY --> problem fixed !! This antenna is one of the best I ever used, simple to build and the power using is anymore a problem. But the best thing is if you have a problem, just send a mail to Ant and within a short time you will get a answer. This a 5/5 !!!
1 is standing on + 40 meter and with a storm off + 125 km/hour --> NO problem !!!

ON8ON Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2013 12:13 Send this review to a friend
:-) Satisfied at 100%  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Satisfied at 100%

Advantages of one Yagi 2 elements full size but with a reduced size. Very Light for 6 bands !

Real pleasure when you change from band ...
no tunning needed , all the bandwith with max. swr 1.2/1 ... or less, usual 1.0/1 at 20m agl

( on 29.600 Mhz 1.6/1 that the max swr ... )

Nice FB and about 5 to 6 dBi gain

My first impression; she is more ''quiet'';
i am down-town, and with the grounded configuration less static / qrn that with my not grounded mini yagi ZX2000.

Anthony de MW0JZE one man with real Ham-spirit!

Try this HEXBEAM from Anthony and you will understand the 5/5