Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Reviews: 59 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£475.00 + Shipping
Description: Description: A six band broadband Hexagonal Beam Antenna designed by Steve G3TXQ and manufactured in the UK by Anthony MW0JZE. Comparable performance to a full size two element yagi on bands 20M – 6M with no tuner needed! Antenna is made in a pre-assembled form meaning a quite assembly time with no tuning involved, just assemble and mount to your mast. Full spec can be found on Anthony’s web site wwwg3txq-hexbeam.com Price £475 GBP plus shipping
More info: http://www.g3txq-hexbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE.

GI0JHR Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Value for Money MW0JZE Hexbeam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Decided to buy this Antenna to replace an ageing Cushcraft R5. I ordered it in early December and Ant immediately started his communications via e-mail at every stage of the purchase and each stage of construction. Advice can be found on line on how to put together on arrival.
Ant makes the antenna to order and you choose your options. I was told my antenna would arrive before Christmas which it duly did.
On opening the box you can see the quality of the engineering. The parts are packed with care and everything bagged and numbered.
The antenna is easy to build when you have watched the online video. You feel as if you are creating something that has real quality. When put together the whole thing is surprisingly light. I was able to lift the complete structure on to my Tennamast single handedly.
I have already worked DX from Northern Ireland better than anything in a long time. Middle East, USA, South America and Africa all with 5 9 reports. I am finding a lot of people on the air are using or are aware of the Hexbeam and they are giving it great reports.
I would thoroughly recommend to anyone on a budget wanting a top quality antenna to buy the G3TXQ Hexbeam made with care and skill br Ant MW0JZE.

M0HEW Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 10:18 Send this review to a friend
The Hexbeam exceeded all of my expectations!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Firstly,I would like to acknowledge the fantastic communication from Anthony during my 'contemplation' time. He was very helpful and provided lots of information in a timely manner. The information and assembly videos on his website are fantastic and very useful to refer to both in advance of the purchase and also as support whilst erecting the Hexbeam. The Hexbeam is fantastic value for money and is, in my opinion, superior to many other similar products that are available. Delivery was exceptionally efficient, I was notified on the Monday that the Hexbeam had been dispatched and I received it on the Tuesday afternoon. The build quality of the Hexbeam is exceptional and assembly is very straight forward especially with the support of the assembly videos available! Performance and S.W.R. are exactly as advertised & my only regret was waiting for so long before deciding to order! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.73s M0HEW TONY

EI8JA Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2014 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered mine on 26th of November and had it within three weeks. It arrived very well packed. Assembly was very easy and straightforward. Build quality is excellent. On air it's fantastic, hearing stations now that I couldn't hear on the Cushcraft R8 that it replaced and it's much quieter. Mine is up only 25 feet but it really does work well at this height. It also stood up well to the recent storms we had here in southern Ireland. Quality product.

G3UCQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had to wait some weeks for my hex beam to be delivered but boy! was it worth it. The antenna went together in just over one hour, and, with it fixed to a Workmate 3' above ground I worked a UA0 on 20m cw. Once the antenna was on my Tennamast I have been working DX and cracking pileups on a regular basis.
We have had some gale force winds here lately (Cornwall) and the antenna is still as it was when I put it up.
An excellent purchase thanks to G3TXQ and MW0JZE.

MW3HAS Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2013 02:55 Send this review to a friend
g3txq by mw0jze  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
had the hexbeam installed on the apex at 35ft in april this year only took one hour to assemble low swr on all the six bands I use 10w and I can contact all that I hear. and ant is allways there if you want any advice

G3YZY Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2013 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Superb HF beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best HF directional beam for 10 to 20 metre bands I have used. The VSWR on all bands does not vary even when you get near to a roof and performance is great. Have used Mosley beams and they often de-tune when near a roof.
I have worked VKs, South Africa and many countries that I had difficulty with in the past!
Very well made, easy to assemble and excellent support from Anthony.
Can ask no more of an antenna.

DJ3ZF Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2013 03:38 Send this review to a friend
A really great antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After a couple of years in amateur radio with simple wire antennas I wanted to work with a beam.
I decided for the Hexbeam, because it covers 6 bands, has a small turning radius, is lightweight and quite simple with no traps.
The construction of Ant, MW0JZE, satisfied me with its proper coaxial center post instead of using several pieces of coaxial cables.
I had to wait some weeks for delivery, but therefor all parts seemed to be well done. And there was a good communication via e-mail with Ant, thanks for that!
I only changed the delivered zincked U-bolts to those made of stainless steel, which I found at www.ukw-berichte.de (I had to open them a littlebit, but that was quickly done).

Now the Hex is in the air for 3 months, 14m above the ground and 4,5m above the roof:
Good SWR on all six bands, it survived the autumn storms uncomplainingly, and outperforms clear my ZS6BKW wire antenna for DX. A really great antenna!

GI4FZD Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Aerial by MW0JZE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had one of Ant's hexbeam up in the air for almost a year now and I must say
it is one of the best investments I have made in Amateur radio.

I use it mostly on 17 meters and have been surprised with the number of hex to hex
contacts I have made around the world including a lot with less than 10 watts using a
KX3.

I have had various aerials up at this qth over the years MA5B, TA33Jnr,cobwebb etc and I am delighted not only by the superior performance and the build quality of the hexbeam but also the service that I got from MW0JZE.

I use the hexbeam attached to an Anan-100D driving a KPA500 solid state amplifier and I
don't need to worry about a tuner as the hexbeam is less than 1.5:1 across all bands 20 meters to 6 meters.

This has got to be the best bang for buck out there at the minute and I would thoroughly reccomend The G3TXQ Hexbeam by MW0JZE to anyone.

Ask Santa for one..you never know.

73 to all
and a Merry Christmas
Paul
GI4FZD

ON8VP Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 08:23 Send this review to a friend
NO REGRETS  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered a few sets for portable use, as base antenna and for some friends. None of us regret having bought! Assembly is simple and straight forward, takes only 1 hour, materials are best quality, small size for big results, SWR below 1:2 on all bands and for the whole bandwidth.
I can contact all that i hear and signals on the other side are astonishing ! You can put them higher on the mast because smaller footprint and less weight( 9.5 kg). Very easy to keep in good condition . It does not move in stormy weather , SWR does not change either when it rains.

To all the XYL, the perfect Christmas present.....

ON8VP and company

G8CDD Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Be Warned :-)  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
SERIOUS WARNING: To anyone contemplating buying the G3TXQ Hexbeam by MW0JZE

OK: Excellent service from a guy who obviously cares about his customers.
OK: Custom 35mm stub mast supplied with no hassle; to fit my SCAM12 mast.
OK: Email warning when shipped and it arrived the next day, beautifully packed.
OK: Easier to assemble than the washing line that it stands next to.
OK: Loads up from my FT950 on all bands... no hassle.

BUT... Why is there no warning that you are going to need a new atlas to find
all those places you never heard from before?
(Sorry, I should have posted this earlier so you could put out some hints for Xmas.)