Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Moonraker GP2500 Help

Reviews Summary for Moonraker GP2500
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $199
Description: GP2500 ALL BAND 80-6M HF VERTICAL

You can write your own review of the Moonraker GP2500.

G0WTZ Rating: 4/5 Feb 10, 2013 00:20 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have always been sceptical of this type of antenna but wanted a simple HF solution.
I picked one up from Moonraker took it home half an hour later I was on the air.
I use it with a 200 watt hf radio and on all bends I can generally work what I hear.There is not too much band noise and living on top of a windy hill 400 foot ASL it has stood up to the weather well.I only have mine 10 feet off the ground and I find on 40 & 80 inter G working is very good. I have even had contacts on 160m despite the fact it is not specified to go that low. The only band I find it does not radiate too well on is 28mHz but I think that is a quirk of this type of antenna
I can not agree with G6BOJ not a con at all. Well made simple to assemble and durable.The other big plus is the internal tuner in the radio is all that is required.
If you live in a town house with a typical postage stamp back garden this antenna will get you round the world on HF.
I can also say that since this antenna has been up I have not had a single complaint of RFI to neighbours TV etc. In my opinion a good value for money antenna

G3EJS Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2012 02:08 Send this review to a friend
Good performance and value  Time owned: months
I bought one second hand as my Diamond CP6 had fallen apart again.

Obviously very quick to put up, and no setting up or adjustment required. The base of the antenna is about 6' off the ground.

The quality of build is adequate, it remains to be seen how it survives wind. The balun construction and mounting is good and solid.

Performance is very good, signals well up on the CP6, and it is a lot quieter than the CP6.

SWR is very good an all bands, confirmed using an analyser coupled straight onto the feed point, and the SWR is virtually identical at the rig end of the coax.

It receives well on the aircraft band, and works on 2m, better than a commercial collinear!

I paid 70 pounds, and to be honest it is the best value I could have hoped for.

Obviously it is a compromise, but a very satisfactory one :)

G6BOJ Rating: 1/5 Feb 13, 2010 14:01 Send this review to a friend
Pure Fraud  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GP2500 ALL BAND 80-6M HF VERTICAL is advertised with a photo of a Comet CHA250B and what appears to be identical specs. What you actually get is a low quality CB type aerial with a Balun can between the two support points.
They should use an actual photo of the aerial but I do not think they would sell any at 199, Maybe 79