Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | Engraved Memories Help

Reviews Summary for Engraved Memories
Engraved Memories Reviews: 34 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: HAM RADIO ENGRAVED MUGS AND LIGHTED SIGNS BY KF4NBG
More info: http://www.jimsengraving.com/

You can write your own review of the Engraved Memories.

W5IF Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my personalized call sign engraved nameplate. From the beautiful stained and waxed oak base to the fine detail of the glass mirror is outstanding! The LED lights just accent the entire piece. I am very pleased with what I have and would highly recommend this addition to your fine shack. Would also make a great addition to your business desk as Jim can engrave about whatever you want. Very happy. 73 Glen W5IF

W7RMG Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2013 19:18 Send this review to a friend
If You're A Ham, You Need One Of These  Time owned: more than 12 months
This review should have been posted about 3 years ago. My bad.
Just after receiving my new call sign, I wanted a really classy way to display my call in my ham shack. I saw several online ads of call signs carved out of wood, etched in plastic, ect.
While browsing the ARRL web site, I spotted an ad in the sidebar with a picture of a really cool illuminated call sign. I clicked on the ad and began drooling. I knew I had to have one.
I emailed Jim and asked if he could make one for me but I asked him too if he could make the base a little larger so I could add a vacuum tube next to the mirror. No problem he said. Not only did he provide the larger base but he also routed it out (he even went to out and bought a forsner bit to do the job!) to provide a hole to accommodate the tube socket, its wires and even added a coaxial power jack so I could power up the tube heater.
A few months later, I got my vanity call and ordered another mirror with my new call and a new base with the tube provision and the neat color changing LEDs. It took about 3 weeks for Jim to complete both orders and ship, but the wait and the price was well worth it.
Jim and his products are fantastic. He does great work and will gladly work with you. His email replies are quick. Top notch in my book.
Even though I've had my call sign mirror for over 3 years, I still think it's one of the most unique and awesome things that sits in my shack.
Thanks Jim.

K2KN Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2013 16:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This call sign light up sign is much nicer then in the pictures. I am very impressed. I was thinking of getting a neon call sign but this is much nicer. Excellent build quality. It's very pretty. Jim is a very nice guy to work with. 73

KB1PXU Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2012 15:42 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have purchased two items from Jim. He answered all my questions and really worked with me. The first item I purchased was a mirrored call sign, world map and then my name alongside a Amperex 4-400 tube. Both the mirrored call sign and tube are illuminated through a remote control switch which can do anything. A regular light show if you desire.

After being so satisfied I sent Jim a "cookie jar tube" the 833A. He put this on a mahogony base and the tube is next to a clock. Of course the tube is illuminated by remote.

This is what I sent to Jim after receiving it.

"Jim,

I just received your artwork a little while ago. It is absolutely gorgeous. The picture did not do it justice. The clock height turned out to be perfect next to the 833A. I was initially concerned that the LEDs would not light up the tube because of its size. It does a great job. I could not be more pleased with this. Every time I look at it I'm in disbelief. Thank you very much for all your time a patience on this project. I will be leaving an e-ham review on this and also the mirror call sign that you made for me.

I could not be more pleased.

73s"

Hard to say anything more. You will not be dissapointed.

W8NVC Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2012 16:41 Send this review to a friend
FABULOUS  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got a lighted call sign for my birthday last year.
Multi color LEDs, it blew me away. what a nice Novelty. almost neon looking. its solid wood, and changes colors with a tiny remote. Its unique. its Fab, Jim, what a great product. great business man. Trust worthy and a fellow ham

KJ6FXA Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2012 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered an engraved coffee cup and with in 3 days and 2 or 3 emails Jim had it done and shipped. Recieved it within 2 days of shipping. Excellent work...Great prices

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2011 20:55 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Workmanship  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have acquired other goods from Jim's Engraving since my previous review, and the workanship and quality is excellent. The etched glassware is well done, and looks good. His lighted call signs are especially nice. Jim obviously cares about what he makes. If you are fortunately to have Gordon West hawking your stuff, it must be good.

KD5PDN Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2011 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Even for Custom Art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first discovered Jim's product from the Ham Nation podcast. I sent Jim a custom vector graphic of a logo I specifically designed Adobe Illustrator. My logo had fine details of a map of the Earth that was etched in fine detail preserving even the smallest of islands while the curves showed perfect geometry and crisp clarity. Jim was able to etch this design into glass exactly the way I designed it.

It's cool to have this glow and change colors. My remote control can change the color or keep it at just one color.

KB9HGI Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2011 21:03 Send this review to a friend
2 thumbs up  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Jim,
I met you in Peoria, IL hamfest last year My wife got me a light up plaque for christmas. It's looks great on my desk very fine work! I give you 2 thumbs up. Steve KB9HGI

KC3RT Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2011 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw the product announcement in QST for Engraved Memories Lighted Signs and surfed the associated web pages. The product reviews were too good to ignore so I emailed Engraved Memories for a few sample photos.

I quickly decided on a pleasing design and within 3 weeks the Lighted (call) Sign was proudly on display in my shack. I opted for the multi-color version and it is well worth the extra cost.

This is a beautiful piece of work and really stands out. Anyone interested in a quality callsign plaque should really consider what ideas Engraved Memories can offer.