Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | Engraved Memories Help

Reviews Summary for Engraved Memories
Engraved Memories Reviews: 34 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: HAM RADIO ENGRAVED MUGS AND LIGHTED SIGNS BY KF4NBG
More info: http://www.jimsengraving.com/

You can write your own review of the Engraved Memories.

NU1H Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2011 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Job, Just Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine was a custom order because I wanted Orange led's and the script to match what Yaesu (new times roman)uses. I did everything via email, the first email to Jim was returned within an hour, and I believe I sent the email on the weekend. He told me the turn around is about 3 weeks, I got mine in about 2 weeks, I opened the package (very well packaged by the way) and my mouth just dropped, I was so amazed. He did an outstanding job with this order and I highly recommend doing business with him. Thanks Jim...

KE5LZL Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2011 17:31 Send this review to a friend
Awsome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Invaluable
Awsome, I don't know What to say. SPEECHLESS !
Jim has something good going.
Fantastic.
I've uploaded to you tube.

Definitaly will be buy from him again.

N2YXW Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2010 23:17 Send this review to a friend
REALLY NICE GIFT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a bunch of Jim's engraved call sign for my freinds as an early Christmas gift. Jim was great to deal with and the quality of his work is second to none. They make wonderful gifts for your fellow hams. I am glad that I found his company and will be a repeat customer in the future.

W1SNE Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2010 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Super Awesome!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Jim knows his stuff. I know you retired Jim, and it's time to relax, but I think you might have to expand your "little" side business here.

This is professionally done, and it shows. Detailing, etching, wood base, electronics, just simply excellent.

Check out my station on QRZ and see for yourself.

Thank you Jim and keep up the good work! Al in RI.

KB7CSX Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2010 12:42 Send this review to a friend
I give it a 10, 5 isn't good enough!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My brother, Justin KB7CSW, and I wanted to get our dad a great birthday present, but were not sure just what to get a man who already has everything. Justin found Jim's website and e mailed it to me. We looked around and found the clock with the etched mirror on the hardwood base and loved it! We decided this would be the one. It was kind of short notice, and I was worried that it wouldn't be shipped in time for Dad's birthday. I emailed Jim with all the details of what we wanted and also talked to him about the short notice. He promised me that it would make it to me by Dad's birthday, but I was still nervous it wouldn't be. Low and behold, a couple days early, I get the package in the mail! When my father opened the gift, he was blown away, as was I! It was more beautiful in person than the pictures online. I couldn't believe what amazing craftsmanship was put into this. Our father absolutely loved this gift and displays it proudly in his home! Jim was great to work with, and very helpful with all the fine details. I loved the customer service, it felt like our order really mattered to Jim, not like most places where they look at you like just another dollar sign in their books. I would definitely recommend Engraved Memories to others and I cannot wait to order my own etched mirror with my own call sign on it! Thanks Jim for helping us make our Dad's birthday a very memorable one!
JoDee
KB7CSX

K3XA Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2010 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I asked Jim to fabricate a custom Mirror plate with some artwork that I had on file. I told him what I wanted in a general layout and he took it from there. He sent a prototype within hours and worked with me via email to finalize the design that day. I ordered the plate and it arrived in about 10 days. I now have beautiful cherry base Mirror plate with my call sign and "On The Air" lit in red LED's to compliment the shack. The woodwork finish and design to incorporate the LED's within the wooden base is simply, outstanding. I've been a ham for 51 years and it is fun to have something special to display at the station. Just decide what you want, contact Jim and relay your concept and he will make it a reality! JUST DO IT!

KF7FWP Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2010 13:57 Send this review to a friend
What a great mug  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my mug today. It was heavy. Well crafted. The logo looks great and I am glad I got one. This mug will see very much use and be very full...

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Essential Shack Accessory - First Class Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am totally pleased and satisfied with the several mugs I have purchased from Jim KF4NBG. I have one with the Ten-Tec logo sitting by the rig. Way cool.

I purchased several mugs as tokens of esteem and as a thank-you for local Elmers who have helped me understand electronics and plan my station. Their wives tell me the mugs get used A LOT, and not just down in the shack.

I now have a pair of little espresso cups with my call sign etched in them and THOSE are great fun to use, and make a unique gift or conversation piece in the shack. (I am an espresso junkie... stop by my shack and I will extract a shot just for you...)

These mugs are an ESSENTIAL SHACK ACCESSORY - way more useful than a linear amp or DSP audio filter or . . .

=============== James - K8JHR ================

K7LT Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2010 05:15 Send this review to a friend
BEST EVER!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Master Craftsman would not give up on my calsign until it was PERFECT, then gave me a free MARS mug for making me wait a few days to get the sign to prfection, What can you say abouy dedication like that?? It is the sharpest accessory I have ever bought...worth every penny. Do I sound totally gratified? I AM. Thanx Jim. I will be pushing sales for you... 73 David Hodgins ;0) K7LT

K4KB Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2010 16:11 Send this review to a friend
Awsome!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading some great reviews here, about Jim's work,
I visited his website, www.jimsengraving.com, where I spent
some time reading about and looking at some of his exquisite work.

When I saw the call sign with the engraved mirror and LEDs and
the beautiful world clock, I knew I had to have it and with the
excuse that my 68th birthday is on June 19th, I decided to splurge
and give myself this birthday gift.

I immediately ordered it with the world clock, the blue LEDs and
the mahogany base.

From the first reply to my e-mail, Jim was at all times a gentleman,
with a great personality and a sincere desire to craft for me a beautiful
product. He told me that it'll take him some time, but I asked him
to take as long as he needed since I wanted a beautiful plaque.

I just received it, and from the minute I opened the box I could see
an immense attention to detail in the way it was wrapped and protected.

When I took it out, I placed it on my desk to delight myself on its beauty,
the mirror was carefully engraved, making my callsign the center of attention,
then I started looking at the mahogany base, the grain in the wood was a sight
to behold, I touched it and it felt so soft like if it was butter.

It's truly admirable how Jim crafts these items, he most be a very patient
person and a perfectionist.

Jim, thank you, this is a gift that I'll enjoy.

Guys, do yourselves a favor and visit his website, www.jimsengraving.com,
you'll enjoy it and may end up buying a gift.

Jorge, K4KB