Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Awards | ARRL TRIPLE PLAY WAS AWARD Help

Reviews Summary for ARRL TRIPLE PLAY WAS AWARD
ARRL TRIPLE PLAY WAS AWARD Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $12.00 (U.S. address delivery).
Description: To qualify for this award, the applicant must work all states on voice, cw and digital and must use logbook of the world for those contacts.
More info: http://www/arrl.org/awards

You can write your own review of the ARRL TRIPLE PLAY WAS AWARD.

WB4M Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2010 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Fun paper chase  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I did not intend to chase another WAS award, but I noticed I was over half way to the Triple Play Award with normal LoTW uploading. As the name implies, you must work and confirm all 50 states using 3 modes; CW, Phone, and Digital. The contacts must be confirmed using Logbook of The World. Since I rarely operate phone, most of the contacts I needed were for that mode.
For those interested, K3UK runs a very nice internet sked page to help you meet hams in the states you need, and then make the contact with them. Using this webpage, I was able to complete the requirements in just over 2 weeks. I received the certificate in about a week after making my submission.
Additionally, if you use K3UK's webpage for TPA, you will meet a lot of nice hams helping each other who are also working on other awards, such as WAS using PSK63 and PSK125. Others are after WAS and DX on the WARC bands, and some after 5BWAS, using LoTW of course.
If you enjoy paper chasing, this is a fun and interesting award to go after. I know 150 contacts sound like a lot, but you can knock them out quickly using K3UK's page. This is also a good way to pick up some needed DX stations on the lower bands.