Reviews Categories | Microphones | Electro Voice model # 729 SR Help

Reviews Summary for Electro Voice model # 729 SR
Electro Voice model # 729 SR Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Ceramic microphone, freq. response 60 - 8000 HZ, Impedance Hi-Z, Output level -55db, RETMA sensitivity rating -155 db,
cardioid
More info: http://www.electrovoice.com

You can write your own review of the Electro Voice model # 729 SR.

K0REX Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2011 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I concur with K2OWK. I am surprised at the unsolicited comments on my audio when using this mic with my Ten Tec Triton 4. Not bad for a $20 Kearney Nebraska hamfest find back in 1999. Ten Tec did private label this microphone, I believe it was the Ten Tec 215 in a dark gray to match the Omni series. The push to talk rocker switch is not spring loaded so you have to return it manually to receive.
The model 729 came without the push to talk switch.
The mic comes with an 8 1/2 foot cord and can be handheld by just slipping it out of it's base. It is very compact; only 8 7/32 inches high and the base is 4 inches by 4 1/2 inches
It's amazing that a 35 year old rig and and an even older microphone sound as good as the boys with the new toys!

K2OWK Rating: 4/5 Mar 10, 2010 21:00 Send this review to a friend
Old but good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am supprised no one has reviwed this product. I have had one of these for a while it is an excellent microphone for SSB and VOX operation. It is a cardioid and has an excellent front to back noise elimination. It is old I bleieve from the 1960s. The only reason I give this microphone a 4 out of five is because the switch on the SR version shorts the microphone element when it is in the off position. A minor modification eliminates this problem, so it can be used for VOX operation. It has excellent sound as good as any microphone I have used.