Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | N2ZDB\'s Display Modification Kit for Kenwood TS-2000 Help

Reviews Summary for N2ZDB\'s Display Modification Kit for Kenwood TS-2000
N2ZDB\'s Display Modification Kit  for Kenwood TS-2000 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$30.00 shipped USA
Description: Replaces OEM bulbs with Super Bright LEDs and includes instructions, LEDs, SMD resistors, solder, solder wick.
More info: http://n2zdb.com/n2zdb

You can write your own review of the N2ZDB\'s Display Modification Kit for Kenwood TS-2000.

VE3TES Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2011 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After owning my TS2000 for more than a year I finally decided on converting it to the "Cool Blue" look, I toyed with the idea of just buying 3mm LEDs, and some surface mount resitors, but I had 1 issue with that route, knowing very well its hard to find 2 little alone 6 leds with a similar display brightness I decided to go ahead with N2ZDB's kit, and there is no regrets what so ever. You get more than enough solder and solder wick to complete the install, and the end result is an amazing look to my TS2000, I simply love it and reccomend it to anyone thinking about doing the same...

AC7AI Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2011 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am electronically challenged so when the bulbs started going out in the display I was concerned. When I discovered that they were soldered in and very expensive I was exasperated, then I saw Michael's kit offer. It arrived quickly and exactly as advertised. I particularly appreciated the small diameter solder and solder wick that were included as I had neither of those on hand. Directions were complete and I had the bulbs changed in a couple of hours and it works! Thanks Michael.

K2PJW Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2010 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love my TS-2000. I purchased this kit and was very happy with the parts and instructions supplied. I preferred the original color of my TS-2000 display. No problem! The kit is offered in multiple colors, including the original color. The LEDs last longer, run cooler, and use less power. It is a great investment and I recommend this kit to TS-2000 owners.

K4BOF Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2010 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Timely and effective Mod.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Some early model TS-2K units are becoming relatively 'older' now and the 'burned out lamp-issue' is creeping up on some. After reading about Mike's mod. on the Yahoo groups forum, I pulled the trigger. I went with the White LEDs as they look pretty sweet and were not as offensive or 'strong-looking' like some of the other colors shown (like blue). The brighter LEDs bring the TS-2K's look up to the speed of some of the other more modern transceivers,... a very nice touch indeed. I think Mike has a winner here and I was glad to support his endeavors. If you want an all-stock TS-2K, then go with the standard orange bulbs from Kenwood East/West, etc. But if you want a better looking and more efficient rig, then order Mike's mod. The $30 was fairly reasonable for what you receive in the package w/ instructions & shipping. 73 Bruce K4BOF

WB6JAR Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2010 06:56 Send this review to a friend
Great mod! Kenwood needs similar LED's in all their radios!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased and installed N2ZDB's Display Modification Kit for the Kenwood TS-2000 a while back. I am very happy with this mod and it was actually way easier than I thought it was going to be. I even used my standard 40 watt soldering iron. I had thought the resistors were going to be the hard part but they weren't. I removed the existing resistors by first getting them hot with the iron, using a solder wick to sop up all the loose solder, getting them hot once more and then holding a small flat-bladed screwdriver fully up against the long side of them and then striking the end of the screwdriver with a wrench I had handy. They all popped right off and the rest of the mod went smoothly. I highly recommend this mod. Thanks Mike!

K9VUJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2010 03:33 Send this review to a friend
A great LED upgrade for the TS2000 display  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a well thought out upgrade to the TS-2000. Price is very reasonable when you consider shipping costs now days and trying to find a parts supplier that has no minimum charges. After many hours of on time with my Kenwood TS2000 a couple display lamps went out. I noticed N2ZDB's kit for sale and went for it. It is packaged beautifully with the individual components LED's and resistors in small bags. The kit is complete with very fine solder and solder wick which you will need for removing the old lamps. There are complete instructions along with this kit. This upgrade involves replacing SMD resistors and incandescent lamps with the LED devices. This upgrade brings the display up to modern LED technology which also saves some juice. You will need a very small tipped solder iron, tweezers, a dental pick is helpful, magnification, I used an Optivisor which is worn on the head and frees up both hands. A steady hand is also desirable. Take your time, don't rush and you will be very pleased with the new LED lit TS2000 display which is fully dim-able just like the old incandescent bulbs.