Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Small Wonder Labs Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Help

Reviews Summary for Small Wonder Labs Repair & Alignment by W3DVX
Small Wonder Labs Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $55/hr. Const: contact for quote
Description: Williamsport, PA. W3DVX since 1955; Amateur Extra since 1957. Built dozens of Heathkits, Elecrafts, and SWL products. Electrical Engineer (computer h/w & s/w).In addition to building new kits, will finish kits for you if you need help. Repair of all SWL products. Reasonable rates. Also see reviews listed under "Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX."
More info: http://WilcoxEngineering.com

You can write your own review of the Small Wonder Labs Repair & Alignment by W3DVX.

NM5TW Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2013 15:57 Send this review to a friend
DSW-2 20 mtr rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan brought my DSW rig back to life. Service was excellent. He did a great job. I will use his services again in the near future. Thanks, Tom NM5TW

KB0BUE Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2012 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Great work by a Fine Gentleman  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It was not only great work. He built me a Rockmite. I built two and ruined the second which worked perfectly until I somehow shorted something out. I now have one properly cased, works fine and is waiting for me to get up to code speed.Communication is the most difficult of human endeavors. Alan keeps you informed during the whole process which makes for a happy customer. I wanted one built by him with his name on it. I now have it and proud to have a working Rockmite which is also a collectible with Alan D. Wilcox as the builder. I would have him build anything for me.

KR4FM Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2011 05:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding. Highly Recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan is a wizard. I had originally built the SWL PSK-20 in 2008. I was never happy with the performance, and I had rebuilt, resoldered, rewound toroids, and tried to diagnose my problem, which was low power on transmit. Within 1 day of receiving the unit, Alan had diagnosed the problem, re-scraped, re-tinned and re-installed the toroids, aligned the unit, and had it back on its way to me. I would highly recommend Alan's services to anyone experiencing issues with their SWL PSK units.

K0AMD Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2011 19:58 Send this review to a friend
PSK-20 tune up and repair  Time owned: months
Found Alan via the eham website and sent him my dead PSK-20. within one day he had called me to tell me what was wrong and said it would be ready to ship out the next day. Service doesn't get much better than that.
In today's world it is exteremly hard to find service like this good communications, fast turn around and it works.

AE5QS Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2011 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Quick, professional repair of PSK-80 Warbler  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built my Warbler kit but could not get it to work. It was my first attempt with surface mount and my old eyes let me down. Alan was listed on the SWL website, so I sent it to him. He sent me an email when he received my unit. That was a nice touch. Very quickly I received a phone call and email saying it was fixed, tuned up, and on the way back. He listed the repair items and did the work very reasonably. It worked like a charm when I got it back. You simply can't go wrong with his service. I highly reccomend him!

KG4ZGA Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2011 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, professional service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Building the SWL PSK-20 was very easy and enjoyable, but I was unable to copy any psk31 station after construction. Alan Wilcox was recommended by Dave Benson's website for troubleshooting and tune up. Alan is a professional with very quick turn around, who keeps in constant contact with the customer. It was very nice to receive a personal phone call from him!

I recommend his expert and affordable service.

W5CYF Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2011 06:25 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you want to get the most from your SW-XX just send it to Alan for a complete tune up and alignment. He took my SW-40 and made it into a real QRP rig with a much better than expected results.

Total time, including shipping and alignment was about a week and the results are outstanding. Furthermore, Alan will keep you in the loop throughout the entire process from the time you ship your rig until you get it back to your QTH.

Great value received for a relatively small investment.

John/W5CYF

KB2NAS Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2011 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Kit, Professional Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a great time building my SWL PSK Series for 20m - until I shorted a circuit while testing. Dave Benson at SWL recommended Alan Wilcox for the repair. Alan must have had my rig repaired same day he received it. I also had Alan do the PSK31 tune-up service as I was concerned about a poor alignment on my part causing QRM. He also had valuable hints on how to perform better kit builds.

Exceptional service, fair prices, and when you see he really only works on stuff like Elecraft, that he'll work on your PSK Series is a great thing!

K9IA Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2010 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After building a PSK-20 radio and discovering just how small those parts have become, I decided to have Alan, at Wilcox Engineering clean up my mistakes. Alan appears to be very good at what he does. Hes curious, fast and hes reasonable. The whole process was a pleasure. The radio works great and, Im happy. K9IA

WB2PEM Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2010 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Small Wonder Labs PSK-20  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently sent my newly built PSK-20 to Alan for alignment and a general checkup. Alan called me with a progress report as soon as he received it and later when it was ready to ship back. The service was very fast. Total cost including shipping was very reasonable. Radio works better than my primary PSK transceiver.