Reviews Categories | Microphones | Astatic 10-DA Super Sidebander Help

Reviews Summary for Astatic 10-DA Super Sidebander
Astatic 10-DA Super Sidebander Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $50-100
Description: Amplified dynamic crystal microphone. Designed for SSB.
More info: http://www.astatic.com

You can write your own review of the Astatic 10-DA Super Sidebander.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2012 15:55 Send this review to a friend
NICE & SWEET {:>)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put the 10-DA head on my ASTATIC "SILVER EAGLE" & it sounds so SMOOTH on my ICOM 746 PRO.The SILVER EAGLE head sounded GOOD but the 10-DA is even BETTER! I have a second 10-DA also on a SILVER EAGLE coming to me later this week & it will look great with the 14 other D-104's in my COLLECTION.Hope too put a T-3, K2,& DR-10 head in my COLLECTION soon as well. {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW

PA1ZP Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2012 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Restored an oldy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hi All

I restored a old one wich belonged to my dear friend PZ1AP.
All cables were completely gone and were replaced.
Also PTT contacts and all blades were cleaned and polished.
Battery clip was replaced to
The microphone capsel housing was oxidized and there was some rust due to very agresive tropical weather situations in Surinam.
With new wiring and mike-cord this mike sounded great.
It perfectly fits on a FT450 and sounds great.
I gave this old Mike to the dear friend of Arnold PZ1AP Leopold ON7YB.
It came with a socket for rememberance of our dear lost friend.
In the socket is build in a functioning Pixie II to operate with the old paddles and ETM keyer.
The mike is wired for Leopolds FT450.
See what I made of the old Turner at:

This mike sounds great on the very modern FT450

KB4WEC Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2010 05:42 Send this review to a friend
Great find !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Picked this old boy up at a country flea market, paid $10.00 for it. Was used by a old high school, they still had the school name cut into the base stand . Was not sure if the element was any good, got home, pulled it apart, looked good, cleaned all parts, wired it for my Kenwoods 8 pin connector, pluged in and wow! It really drived the TS 140 and the TS450 .
The reports are outstanding, all want to know where I got it, and what I did to it. Even have used it on A.M. with outstanding reports. Sure looks good standing there on the bench!
It's a real keeper, if you find one, grab it.

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2010 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Microphone (without amp)  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used without the amplified stand this is a wonderful sounding sideband mic. It works great with high impedance inputs and drives my old TS-520 easily. I also have one with an impedance matching audio transformer for use with my modern solid state rig. All audio reports are excellent, with many comments focusing on the clarity. Another bonus is that they look very nice and sit high on the desk. The frequency response isn't 20-20,000, but it has it where it counts in the voice range. In my opinion, they have superior sideband audio to the Astatic D-104 mic head. Also, RF feedback has never been a problem. Versions of the 10-DA mic head have been around for a long time, and the old-timers know them well.