Reviews Categories | Contesting Hardware | LineMaster Switch Corporation - GEM V2 foot switch Help

Reviews Summary for LineMaster Switch Corporation - GEM V2 foot switch
LineMaster Switch Corporation - GEM V2 foot switch Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$36.00 USD
Description: GEM, from the Linemaster V-series of industrial foot
switches

The GEM V2 by Linemaster is a compact (3.81" Dia. x 1.22"
H), omnidirectional switch that is well suited for amateur
radio PTT control applications.
Linemaster mounts the momentary contact (wired normally open
and grounded) in a chromed plated, heavy zinc die cast
housing. This 1 lb. industrial quality switch
features a full non-skid base pad. Made in U.S.A.
More info: http://www.linemaster.com/Industrial/Footswitch.aspx?catNo=GemVandGemVK

You can write your own review of the LineMaster Switch Corporation - GEM V2 foot switch.

VE3TMT Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2013 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am the purchaser for a major tattoo supply company that sells to artists in over 45 countries world wide. We carry the GEM, Premier and Treadlite line of footswitches from Linemaster and have for years. A great product, and they're built to last.

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2013 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Deal - Excellent Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you're looking for a foot switch, this is the one to buy, just buy one. They're inexpensive and built to last, excellent quality. You'll not be sorry.

KV8V Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2012 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Old Fashioned Medical Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read enough complaints about the Heil microphone switch, that I bought a Gem-V2 switch, and it looks and feels to be high quality. Not surprising, since they make these for medical equipment.

I got in through eBay via a tattoo machine vendor, already wired for a 1/4" phono plug.

The switch is chrome, inside the chrome, seen from the bottom, is a heavy casting that looks to be high quality, covered with a rubber gripper that also looks durable. The manufacturer said the switch has a ring to protect the switch from too much pressure, and I like that.

Compressing about a 1/4" on any edge of the switch makes the switch click; I think that will be handier than a switch that has to be lined up with your foot.

KE6EE Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2012 16:28 Send this review to a friend
A good deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This switch comes in various models which vary slightly. They seem often to be used by tattoo artists for switching their machines on and off. They are available from several tattoo supply companies or on Ebay. I just got one on Ebay for $17 including shipping.

K7VC Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2011 22:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Commercial Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used these many times before and they are great. They will out-live me many times over without faults. It is amazing that they cost no more then Heil.

I just ordered two more from www.inkcraft.biz, but it will be interesting to see what mailing lists I wind up on (inkcraft sells tattoo and body piercing supplies :)

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2011 01:00 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Lucked out in German EBay, got a new one for less than the USA price. It had a cable pre-installed which was for high current and very inflexible. Installing a lighter cable took about 30 minutes. I was surprised at how simple the internal construction was. Very smooth and sensitive switch.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2011 16:04 Send this review to a friend
I love it too!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
read the only other review and contacted the company. Liked them on the phone and wanted an alternative to the Heil Foot Switch. The Heil was fine but this one is just simpler to key up. Easier to work - that's it. You just have to wire it up yourself - no big deal. Just so comfortable and a pleasure to use.

W3DCB Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2010 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw the review from WQ1Z and thought I would give it a try. I ordered 2, one for my FTdx9000 and one for my Flex. Absolutely rock solid! Medical device quality...which is what they are built for. Good price for what you get. I ordered directly from Linemaster. Received the switches within 3 days of ordering. You have got to feel them to appreciate them. Forget about those clam shells and alike!
Thanks for reading...
Take care, Daniel Baral

WQ1Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2010 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Quality feel under foot!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a popular brand foot switch fail after 3 short seasons. Internet research led me to an old bulletin board service archive from May, 2002. A thread by Dennis N6KI can be found at http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/2002-05/msg00062.html

I thought I would give the GEM a trial.

Rating is a solid 5. No loose feel, loose bolts or loose pins. No snap rings to loosen or to eventually work their way off. No clunky clamshell design. A simple elegant round foot switch. The GEM V2 has a solid feel under foot and is a joy to actuate. The onmidirectional quality responds well to normal seated workstation foot pressure. One does not have to stomp on the switch, or worry about having the switch aligned as one would do with a typical clamshell actuator. The GEM V2 is a well made switch manufactured in Connecticut, USA. I purchased online through InkCraft of Greenville, SC. (www.inkcraft.biz) The switch arrived in just a few days nicely boxed in protective packaging. The V2 is prewired with a 1/4" phono plug. Plug 'n play