Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Chief AJ QP-HFX Antenna Slingshot Help

Reviews Summary for Chief AJ QP-HFX Antenna Slingshot
Chief AJ QP-HFX Antenna Slingshot Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $50 +$5 shipping
Description: Machined aluminum and stainless steel slingshot, with fishing reel seat. Used for hanging wire antennas.
More info: http://www.chiefaj.com

You can write your own review of the Chief AJ QP-HFX Antenna Slingshot.

KN2M Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2011 09:44 Send this review to a friend
Amazingly easy to get wires in trees  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read the review above, went to the web site which is long and complicated, but there are lots of videos. It took me a good half hour to figure out what I needed to do the job since he does not exactly have a ham related product advertised. I added the well made machined mount to put one of my old Zebco fishing reels on the slingshot. I purchased a couple of 3/8 oz Eagle casting plugs at Dicks and attached it with a fishing swivel. I aimed the slingshot at a tree stump 25' away and on my first shot hit it with the plug. This thing is accurate. I had nothing to loose. I aimed it at the poplar tree designated to hold the OCF antenna and within a minute pulled the tag lines onto the monofilament as the plug went right through the indended branches at least 35' up into the tree. I can't wait to use this thing again. Buy it before it goes away.

KB3LAN Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2010 09:10 Send this review to a friend
Nothing better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was searching for a slingshot to make a launcher with, when I came across this item. It's machined from aluminum and stainless steel, made in the USA. Based on other options, it should cost twice as much. Plus, I can hunt and fish with it. Buy it before the price goes up.