Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Ten Tec Help

Reviews Summary for Ten Tec
Ten Tec Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$199.00
Description: Model 963 Switching Power Supply
More info: http://www.tentec.com

You can write your own review of the Ten Tec.

W8TRN Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2016 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Bullet Proof  Time owned: more than 12 months
This unit has run for 10+ plus years and is on 24 hours per day. I mean around the clock. It has survived numerous power surges without ANY failure. I repeat 24/7 - never turned off.

Mike

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2012 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Works Just Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ten-Tec Model 963 is an excellent 20-23 amp switching power supply that works well, runs quiet, and does not produce unwanted EMI/RFI or electrical hash. I have had this for nearly 5 years with no problems - fan runs only if you are using your rig at full power for extended periods, otherwise it is as quiet as a brick supply. I am satisfied with it.

I got this with my Omni VII transceiver, and now use it to run my mobile, scanner, and a number of accessories in the shack. I use a pair of larger, Aston RS-35M linear supplies for the big stuff. This way everything has more than enough juice to run quiet, and easy. The Wife calls me Mr. Overkill - if a nail will do the job, I use three screws - but nothing runs hard in my shack - it all just coasts along easy like.

Satisfied customer. // K8JHR //

// K8JHR //

K4JQL Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2010 14:36 Send this review to a friend
Good Basic product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Power Supply is simple, no knobs, no meters, just a power switch. The supply fan is noticeable but only runs for a short time and I have the unit right in front of my operating position. Good unit no problems.