Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | ELAD Switch-Box Help

Reviews Summary for ELAD Switch-Box
ELAD Switch-Box Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $108 euro
Description: SwitchBox Automatic RF / AF Switch

SwitchBox is a automatic T/R switch senses transmitted RF
and switches your antenna from receive to transmit using a
relay. It shorts your receiver antenna input to ground to
protect your receiver. Instead of using RF sense to switch
the antenna, a control line input lets your key/keyer or PTT
line switch the antenna. Works on all modes -- CW, AM, SSB,
FM, and digital modes.
More info: http://www.woodboxradio.com/uk/Switchbox.html

You can write your own review of the ELAD Switch-Box.

F6GNZ Rating: 3/5 May 22, 2014 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Needs additional RX protection  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I found it is was not having enough RF rejection on RX path, so connected Swbox ANT connector to FT1000MP RX OUT and Swbox RX connector via RF splitter to the FT1000MP RX IN connector; the other port of splitter goes to my SDR RX antenna connector. Nothing is connected to the Swbox RTX connector, as my SDR is RX-only, synchronized with FT1000MP running as TX and FT's antenna connector goes directly to the antenna via ext. PA. This assures FB RX isolation using FT1000MP's T/R antenna switching + additional in-series Swbox switching/protection.
AF switching between SDR and FT1000MP is OK.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 2/5 Oct 12, 2012 13:14 Send this review to a friend
needs a delay control or sequencer  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my updated review.
I thought it was a nicely built and cleverly designed unit. I was probably wrong about the cleverly designed. In fact it needs help. It works fine in SSB. As for digital modes, the autotuner of my rig gets literally crazy with this unit. Adding a sequencer by W6PQL all the issues for digital modes and CW were solved.
But then the W6PQL sequencer could work with just ordinary relays. Why should I buy an expensive unit like this one?
The cheaper MFJ-1708 RF SENSING TR SWITCH has a delay control meant for operating CW. The Elad SWITCHBOX has no delay adjustable time delay circuit and, in my case, I need to use an external sequencer to use it for PSK and CW.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 0/5 Oct 2, 2012 13:08 Send this review to a friend
find alternatives  Time owned: more than 12 months
I thought it was a nicely built and cleverly designed unit. I was wrong with the cleverly designed. For SSB it works fine. As for digital modes the autotuner of my rig gets literally crazy with this unit. Adding a sequencer by W6PQL it solves most of the issues except for CW. I am considering just using the W6PQL sequencer with relays hidden in my drawers or replacing it with the MFJ-1708 RF SENSING TR SWITCH which has the delay control. The Elad SWITCHBOX has no delay adjustable time delay circuit

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2010 04:01 Send this review to a friend
It works well.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice little box, useful for those that have separate receivers. I also connect the ptt line but anyway I tested also the automatic mode that senses the RF to switch safely the antenna. At the receiver side in the case you use 100W you will likely have a S-9+60db over but should not harm the receiver. I also use a DEO Receiver Guard 2000 protector just in case. It is meant to be used with any receivers also without PTT line so I wil try it with cheap portables as well. By now it's a 5/5.