Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | MFJ 2012 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 2012
Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: OCFD antenna for 40,20,10, and 6 meters.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ 2012.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2016 16:58 Send this review to a friend
works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the MFJ 2014 80-40m 122' OCD antenna said I would test it in my 2012 review. Works about the same (GOOD) as the MFJ 2012 tested last year, good receive cut for the low end of the bands cover;s 20m as well. for the money your not going to go wrong..................kb6hrt .......Hope you have a great 2016.........73s...............kb6hrt

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2014 06:09 Send this review to a friend
works for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Brought the MFJ 2012 because of good reviews on eham an it's true
it works great on the bands it covers and with a tuner will work other bands OK but would not want to do more than 100 watts on freq's not designed for, just my take on that. I ordered the MFJ 2014 80-40m OCD and will write a review on it when It is installed
and working correctly. The MFJ 2012 does give some gain when checking it against my referance dipole's I use to check antennas on 20-40-80m. This is a good antenna and and should last a while an does what MFJ said it does.............kb6hrt

KV4JX Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2013 14:34 Send this review to a friend
An excellent choice  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After trying several fixed freq dipoles, I decided to give the MFJ-2012 a try and I've been totally amazed by it's performance. It is hanging from three trees as an inverted "V" with the balun at about 55 feet and the long and short span ends at about 25-30 feet. Using 100' of RG-8x to connect to a Kenwood TS-830 I have gotten S9+ reports from around the world here in North Georgia with only 100 watts. My analyzer shows an SWR of 1.2:1 or lower on 6, 10, 20 and 40. I've also made excellent DX contacts on 15 and 80 using a Kenwood AT-200 tuner with it. Get out the slingshot and some rope and you're in business. An excellent antenna for $80. No tuning required -just open the box and hang it up.

KG4OLW Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2013 20:09 Send this review to a friend
great wire antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this antenna for field day. I set it up in the back yard to test it today and make sure it was working before field day. I had the apex at 12 feet and the ends at 5 feet. The first thing I noticed over my 40m dipole is that this antenna is really quiet, I ran it on my kx3 without nb/nr filters. I made a ton of contact with 5 watts in a couple minutes including a couple sota stations. The signals just popped out of the radio. This antenna is definitely a keeper.

AC0YV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2013 17:57 Send this review to a friend
very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used this hanging from trees at about 30 feet and from my tower at 35 feet. It works very well with my FT-897d I never bother tuning on 10m, 20m, and 40m always low SWR. I have used on 12m, 15m, and 17m with LDG Z-100plus. The 12m and 15m tunes easier than 17m.

N8PVW Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2012 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Works better than advertised  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great antenna. Handles full power, nasty Florida weather and I get consistant great signal reports. I tried it QRP during a couple of contests, no sweat. It's not a beam. But it gets the job done very well indeed. My receive is way better than my G5RV or any of my single dipoles. My verticals can't compete with it. It's a keeper.

N2XNB Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2011 08:35 Send this review to a friend
fantastic antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
28.400 = 1.5
14.225 = 1.2
7.180 = 1.5

basically this works great for me at 100 watts as I have talked from africa to alaska since I put it up yesterday everyone at s7- s 20 db! I have it at 30 feet at the apex and 15 feet at the tips.
I did silicon goop the wire connections basically to goop the nuts tight and corrosion free.
buy one its worth it without needing a tuner!

K3SFK Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2011 11:13 Send this review to a friend
40-20-10-6 meter dipole- Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Check out the DB gain with this amazing, simple off center fed dipole with special balun! I have used it for two months and am astounded at the results on 20 meters using only 90 watts. The antenna is up in the air 32 feet, free of trees and buildings. I use an ICOM 718 with an antenna tuner (LDG). The antenna tuner is not really needed for this antenna it appears. The signal reports coming back appear to be better than I anticipated. Italy and a remote ham in the Amazon area both report strong and clear signals. 40 meter reports are also good but 20 is outstanding. I have not tried 10 meters yet but the MFJ designers claim that the DBI increase on 10 meters is as strong as 20 meters. Installation is quick and simple. One warning, the factory installed crimp at the two ends where the antenna hooks into the insulator is not very strong and one of mine broke. I took the antenna down and pulled off the 2nd crimp and simply tied off the antenna wire in a normal fashion. Much stronger and dependable.

N5XED Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2010 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as advertised..4 bands without a tuner and good SWR with only 30 feet of height in an inverted vee configuration.

W4ILV Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2010 17:07 Send this review to a friend
update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's still the best wire antenna I've ever used! You really don't need a tuner for the bands on which it's resonant.

73's