Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Manson EP-925 Power Supply Help

Reviews Summary for Manson EP-925 Power Supply
Manson EP-925 Power Supply Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $ 99.99
Description: same as Palstar PS-30M 25A continuos 30A peak variable voltage power supply

You can write your own review of the Manson EP-925 Power Supply.

G0FVH Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2012 11:09 Send this review to a friend
OLD BUT RELIABLE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I BOUGHT ONE IN 1990 FROM LOWES AT EASTCOTE, IT WAS 99-00, I GOT IT FOR 89-00, WITH A FRIENDS DISCOUNT.
IT IS STILL IN DAILY USE, RUNNING MY FT890D, MFJ-993B AND BHI NES 10-2. ALTHOUGH THE FAN CAN BE NOISY,I DONT NOTICE IT AND REALLY RATE THIS PIECE OF KIT.

G4ENZ Rating: 4/5 Jul 31, 2011 08:39 Send this review to a friend
A little noisy but pretty good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the same Manson EP-925 since 1990 and it has never let me down. The fan kicks in after a couple of minutes of drawing more than 2A in a 20C shack and is a little noisier than I personally like. As the general background current consumption in my shack is 3A this is not good news so, I fitted an additional fan.

The additional fan is a 2 inch 12V ex-computer fan. I power this from the EP-925 itself and have added a suitable series resitor to make the fan run more slowly and completely silently. I can now draw a continuous 5A without the main cooling fan kicking in.

The additional fan sits inside the case mounted inside the louvres on the top.

M0WDE Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2011 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent PSU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having read various reviews which stated this PSU suffered from a noisy cooling fan, I have not experienced any problems with mine and have found it an excellent performer.

PA0FRI Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2010 05:27 Send this review to a friend
Poor rectifier bridge  Time owned: more than 12 months
The EP925 (Conrad, Daiwa, ITG, Manson, Palstar, Stabo, Velleman and Voltcraft) is a good power supply, but the rectifier bridge has not enough capacity for example a continuous 5 volts load at full power . It is better to replace the rectifier by a 50 amperes type. In my Dutch article, are pictures and schematics for some modifications. See http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Diversen/EP925/ep925.htm

G6UWK Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2010 14:24 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have read what others have said about the PALSTAR PS-30M which is the same as the Manson EP-925 (I think they are just badged differently) others say the fan is noisy but in all honesty I have not noticed any problems, this is NOT a switch mode power supply so weight is not light, a few Kg's but that being said full power on my FT-450 (100 Watts) voltage did not move on meter and only breifly on digital voltmeter, so going by my unit voltage regulation is excellent.

Overall if you want a good solid power supply I cannot fault it, saying that I would like illuminated meters!