Reviews Categories | Microphones | Astatic Silver Eagle Help

Reviews Summary for Astatic Silver Eagle
Astatic Silver Eagle Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Desktop Mic

You can write your own review of the Astatic Silver Eagle.

N2MDV Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2017 12:44 Send this review to a friend
Great American classic mic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
For years, in the 70's and 80's, I've heard my friends use the Silver Eagle on classic CB rigs, like the Cobra 2000, 142GTL, a Tram IV, Stalkers, and Uniden Grants and the Washington. So, I knew how well they sounded on-air. I bought a Washington new on 1986 and noticed that the TX audio specs were better than most CB's out there at the full 300Hz - 3kHz, instead of rolling off at 2.5kHz like most rigs. In 1990 I bought a new Silver Eagle for that Washington, and they've been the perfect pair ever since and MAX'es out that rig's audio response. Set the mic's underneath adjustment to about 1/2-way and use the mic gain on your rig to adjust to it. You won't be sorry. Yes, it certainly will pick up everything in the room with you, but crank the radio's mic gain down and talk closer into it. On SSB, it will really give your rig the edge to get out of the QRM. And if you do need to repair this mic, parts are out there. Indeed, a classic mic that most folks will recognize right away what you are talking on. As far as this mic's classic look? Some think it's very ugly, but it certainly is iconic, and you can see that Hollywood thinks so as well since it's used in a lot of movies. Yep, a usable classic for sure!

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2010 14:39 Send this review to a friend
HOT MICROPHONE!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This microphone has VERY HOT audio with my ICOM 746 PRO.I can even hear my clock on the wall in my shack ticking.VERY NICE audio but a QUIET shack is a BIG PLUS because the microphone is so SENSITIVE & puts out some BIG LOUD AUDIO.I have used D-104 microphones since I was 6 years old & NEVER had an issue.Of course the ASTATIC "SILVER EAGLE" D-104 is a BEAUTIFUL addition to ANY hams shack as well.

KD8HSG Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2010 04:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned many over the years, got my first D104 in 1978 and have always came back to these mic's. Sure you wont get that commercial FM radio sound, but if you want to be heard and understood the crystal clear audio can't be beat. I purchased one of the final edition silver eagles two years ago still new and sealed in the box. I let that beautiful work of art sit on display in my shack for two years. Yesterday I got a hair and wired it up to my FT2000D and wow! It drives the FT2KD cleanly and to the max. The audio reports are excelent and I really enjoy the utter surprise when I tell what I'm running. If you want to be heard and understood find one and buy it! Get a good one and it will last a lifetime.