Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Tokyo Hy-Power HL-37V Help

Reviews Summary for Tokyo Hy-Power HL-37V
Tokyo Hy-Power HL-37V Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2-5w in / 30w out 2m linear amplifier w/preamp
More info: http://www.netferrets.net/thp

You can write your own review of the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-37V.

K0KAV Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2003 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Terrific little HT amp. As with all THP products, solidly built dependable performer.

DY1BGA Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2003 14:23 Send this review to a friend
rugged,excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
i used IC2gat and my homebrew mobile antenna and HL-37V in my mobile,and it works great,,for me HL-37v is verry rugged and compact,,

Noel

KD7GMN Rating: 3/5 Dec 17, 2001 19:25 Send this review to a friend
None  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Here is an update link:

KU4QD Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2000 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Great small 2m amp w/ excellent preamp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this little amplifier on the base to boost my original Yaesu FT-290R up to about 30 watts out. It works well in all modes, and so does the excellent preamp, which does a reat job of bringing up signals without adding too much to the noise floor. I've used it extensively for SSB/CW, and I couldn't be happier. I'd love to see what the improvements are on the current model (HL-37Vsx) besides a little more power. The amp comes with a mounting bracket for mobile use, and has a switch on the back for mode selection. An LED bar graph for power output graces the front panel, and is a nice touch. The unit is very rugged and well built. Tokyo Hy-Power amps are expensive, but the quality makes them worth the price. With Teletec out of the ham market, they may have the best VHF and UHF amps available. The new version retails for about $169, and I've seen these for $35-$50 used (I paid $35 for mine on EBay, of all places), and at that price they are an absolute steal. You can't go wrong with this one.