Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Radio Shack Realistic Nova 40 Stereo Headphones Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack Realistic Nova 40 Stereo Headphones
Radio Shack Realistic Nova 40 Stereo Headphones Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Stereo Headphones (For Music, but work good for Ham!)

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack Realistic Nova 40 Stereo Headphones.

K8WPJ Rating: 4/5 May 11, 2011 10:10 Send this review to a friend
sound great and very comfortable  Time owned: more than 12 months
ive had a set or two of Nova 4's since I was in college.... big, but comfortable, I have used them for on air broadcast and production work, and I love them... They're like a comfy old sweatshirt, and they sound as good today as they did when I bought them. It used to be you could pay a couple extra bucks and get a protection plan on them, and if anything happened, they would replace them.. sadly I don't think thats the case anymore, but, if you can find a set of 40's grab them..

K8CPA Rating: 4/5 Apr 21, 2010 03:54 Send this review to a friend
Good for what they were....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought these things in or around 2000 or so, when I first got my General Class license and picked up my Kenwood TS-950SDX.

The Audio response on them is not the greatest. But they work well; for what they are.

Later on, I ended up getting the higher doller Heil headset; which ended up failing.

But my elcheapo Radio Shack Nova 40's are still working along.

I was not even aware that Radio Shack had even discontinued them....A pity.

The product worked as advertised. I wanted to get the higher dollar Nova 60's, but at the time, I could not afford it.

If you can find a pair of these on E-Bay, that are not beat up; grab 'em. They work just fine. But don't expect 1000 dollar audio; just expect good audio to keep your wife from nagging at you, for having such a loud radio.

Bottom Line: If you're on a budget and need a pair of cans for the ears... get these.