Reviews Categories | Microphones | ADONIS AM-708 Help

Reviews Summary for ADONIS AM-708
ADONIS AM-708 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $239
Description: Desc Mic with 3 Compresor Modes and FM and SSB Modes.

You can write your own review of the ADONIS AM-708.

M6EZK Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2015 04:59 Send this review to a friend
This is a keeper  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use this microphone with my Icom IC-7000 and love all the options it gives me and the fact you can have two radios connected, 5 out 5 on all modes.Great reports on HF,VHF and UHF every time. No batteries required when connected to most, if not all Icom Radios. The radio powers the unit via the mic cable.

KE6BQW Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2010 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Im in the navy and been stationed in Japan for 7 years. Adonis is their top of the line lines of after market amateur radio microphones there so my curiousity got me the AM-708. This is the top I believe in their hirearchy.

Its is a high quality desktop electret condenser microphone with built-in compressor amplifier. Up to two transceivers can be operated from the AM-708E by simply operating a slide switch. It is also equipped with a FM/SSB audio quality selector switch for optimum operation. There are two fixed levels of compression High (45db) and Low (35dB) plus a Manual position, where a compressor level volume control is activated. There is an \'on air\' indicator which lights up continuously when transmitting. The analogue meter acts as a battery checker and output level meter. Time out timer (2 to 3 minutes) with time reset function, when activated de-keys the transceiver and alarm sounds for up to 30 seconds (can be disabled).

I love this mic in mostly U/VHF use. Never ending compliments on the punch and penetrating frequencies it puts out. Really effective in SSB.

I am getting the Yaesu adapter cable for it to use it on my HF. Will let everyone know of the feedbacks I'll get.