Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Walmart Marksman Slingshot Wire Antenna Launcher Help

Reviews Summary for Walmart Marksman Slingshot Wire Antenna Launcher
Walmart Marksman Slingshot Wire Antenna Launcher Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $6
Description: Made by Marksman and sold in the Walmart Sporting Goods Section, with the Marksman Folding Slingshot at under $6 and the Marksman Adjustable Slingshot at under $10.
More info: http://www.marksman.com/slingshots.php

You can write your own review of the Walmart Marksman Slingshot Wire Antenna Launcher.

WALTERB Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2011 01:44 Send this review to a friend
Why spend more?  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just take my fishing pole, either have someone hold it in the direction Iím shooting the slingshot, or put the pole in the fishing pole holder in the ground.
I use 1 oz. lead egg sinkers that can be bought at your local bait and tackle store. I used Stren #8 lbs test line (the kind that is Florissant, which is helpful when trying to locate the egg sinker and line in the tree canopy)
Aim and fire.
Once its over the tree just cut the egg sinker off, tie the Dacron line/paracord to the fishing line, and reel it back over the tree.
Once antenna cord is reeled back to the fishing pole, cut the line again, and tie the cord to the antenna.
Then pull the antenna to altitude. Thatís it.

KE5DXI Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2011 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Making an eazy-shot  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used the sling-shot that I got from WalMart with an enclosed reel. I used a piece of 1"X1/4" aluminum flat stock for the base. You can cut the flat stock to any length that will be handy for you. I made mine 8 5/8" long and rounded both ends. I used round head screws to mount the reel and tapered screws for the sling-shot. Also counter sink all screws. This way there isn't any thing to snag on on the bottom. I've been using mine for three years while we were full time RVing. I used it about 2 years ago when we moved into a house I guess I've had it for close to 5 years now, and this year the rubber tube broke. 4/2011... I hope this helps someone. KE5DXI...

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2010 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Works FB!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I also use this setup. A couple of hints...

1. Get some cheap wooden rod and fasten it to the bottom of the slingshot.
2. Hose clamp the reel of your choice, to this rod about 12" out.
3. Use 20# test line
4. Paint the weights florscent orange.
5. Buy extra rubber bands. They do NOT last if stored in high heat areas!!!

ron
N4UE

N0PWZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2010 23:26 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and Works Fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I did basically the same as you, although I recall there wasn't much steel in the reel I bought. Mostly plastic, but worked quite nicely. Even the weights were the same.

So far two antennas have been hung with this inexpensive rig, with probably an hour of work expended for both.

This is an elegantly simple, and inexpensive solution to hanging antennas. That's why it gets a five. Sure, it would be fun to use a spud gun, but they are really expensive, and I'm not entirely sure it would work any better. This works just fine for me, and there's always going to be a Walmart nearby us in the US.

N3DG3 Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2010 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Convenient & Inexpensive Wire Antenna Launching  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently had some wire antennas to hang and considered various devices to shoot the wire through the trees, I wanted something safe and cost-effective and that would eliminate any climbing. A friend of mine recommended fabricating a Walmart Slingshot with a fishing reel. He said it worked wonders and the total investment would cost under $20, which I found, INCREDIBLE.

While visiting the local Walmart Sporting Goods Department, I indeed discovered Two Slingshots sold there, both made by Marksman and made of Tempered Steel :

My friend recommended the Marksman Folding Slingshot which indeed was under $6 and convenient for easy storage and carrying. I bought one along with the premium Marksman Adjustable Slingshot which may appear to have more velocity and accuracy, and was under $10.

Then, I strolled down the fishing aisle, reviewed the options and bought a Shakespeare Synergy Steel Reel filled with 75 yards of 10 Pound Line and with Adjustable Multi-Disc Drag Control and Dual Stainless-Steel Pick-Up Pins, which was also under $10, and mounted that with two stainless-steel hose clamps to the right-side frame of the Marksman Slingshot. While in the Walmart Fishing aisle, buy a bag of Eagle Claw ĺ ounce weights and youíre all set. They also sell colored weights so you can spot the weight in the thicket of trees.

I have found the Walmart Marksman Slingshot to be an accurate, lightweight, rugged and cost-effective tool for hanging wire antenna or shooting over a beam antenna to secure from blowing winds and faulty brakes. You canít beat the price of under $20 and the Walmart Convenience, No Shipping Expenses, Customer Service and Return Policy.