Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | TENTEC Model 712-USB Soundcard Digital Mode Interface Cable Help

Reviews Summary for TENTEC Model 712-USB Soundcard Digital Mode Interface Cable
TENTEC Model 712-USB Soundcard Digital Mode Interface Cable Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69.00
Description: This adapter cable is a soundcard USB device that allows direct connection of the AUX I/O, ACC 1 or AUX 1 jacks on the Omni VII, Orion, Orion II, Argonaut V and some Jupiter transceivers. This is a "plug n play" cable which includes the soundcard device built in thus eliminating the need for other connections between the computer and the radio. Setup is easy and only 5 steps. The computer requires a USB 1.0 or 2.0 port and does not require an additional soundcard. Your favorite digital program using a soundcard interface will work with this cable. All levels are controlled by the Volume slider in Windows.
More info: http://tentec.com

You can write your own review of the TENTEC Model 712-USB Soundcard Digital Mode Interface Cable.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2010 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for Ten Tec  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My main radio is a TT Jupiter. I've decided (since recently acquiring the radio) that I want to try PSK31. My Netbook, which is dedicated to use in the shack, does not have a serial port and I knew I wanted something running a USB soundcard.

Once the device arrived I picked my software: gMFSK (linux) and plugged in the interface between the acc socket behind the Jup and the USB port of the Netbook. Once I got the software properly configured the device has worked without a hitch and provides the PTT function without drama, working with gMFSK. Ironically this is significantly less expensive than some of the other devices I was looking at. If you have one of the TT radios that can interface with this, and especially if you have a computer without a serial port, this just might be the ticket. Works flawlessly.

K4TAX Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2010 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Works great and as specified.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine just arrived yesterday. Plugged it in to the computer, plugged it in to the radio. Following the very simple set-up steps, all 5 of them, I find that using MixW2 does all the digital modes with excellent results. Nothing could be simpler.

If you are interested in the digital modes this is one sure way to get on the air successfully.

Bob, K4TAX