Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-813 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-813
MFJ-813 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $34.95
Description: MFJ QRP SWR METER, Measures SWR and indicates relative power from 100mW to 50 Watts

You can write your own review of the MFJ-813.

N2DAY Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2013 14:35 Send this review to a friend
I'd Buy Again  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works Great for my Ten Tec 40/20 QRP Rig. Small and seems to be both accurate and rugged also priced right!

NZ8J Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2012 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Qrp Accessory  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This little meter is a great accessory for the Qrp operator. It is extremely accurate for its price range and simplicity. In addition to the factory '5' watt position, I also calibrated two other positions of the adjustment control, one for 50 watts full scale and one for 500 mw full scale. All three calibrated positions match very closely with my N8LP LP-100A digital wattmeter from 160-10 meters at all 3 power levels.
This is an excellent buy for the Qrp'r.
Tim
NZ8J

N2UGB Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2010 20:06 Send this review to a friend
Good meter for travel or home  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the MFJ-813 meter a couple of weeks now and am quite satisfied. It was in perfect condition when delivered. No "touching-up" was required. An MFJ-902 tuner, the MFJ-813 meter, and FT-817 fit perfectly in my Pelican case. Just right for airline travel.

The previous reviewer has described it perfectly. It is simplicity itself.

I would not use it for more than the recommended 5 watts. MFJ's stated recomendations for all their products should not be exceeded.

I use the built-in "ballpark" swr meter of the FT-817 and then the MFJ-813 as a follow up. Between the two, my Buddistick is quite close to resonance after some tuning. I rarely use the transmatch.

I intend to get a second MFJ-813 for home station use. This how highly I think of it, (to date).

And, the price is right.

AB0XE Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2010 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Inexpensive QRP SWR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am happy with this meter. I use it with
my K1 in the field. Its small easy to use
and inexpensive. Push Fwd/Set button then
rotate for full scale deflection of needle
when transmitting. Next push button for
Ref/SWR and SWR is indicated.