Reviews Categories | Transmitters: Commercial/Military/Marine adaptable to ham use | Harris RF-350K/RT-1446 Help

Reviews Summary for Harris RF-350K/RT-1446
Harris RF-350K/RT-1446 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $New 40,000, currently 1,000
Description: Early 1980's commercial/military receiver/transmitter, covering 1.6-30MHz continuous, all modes, including ALE and ISB. 100 watts Rf output, 100% duty cycle. All solid-state microprocessor controlled.

You can write your own review of the Harris RF-350K/RT-1446.

N8CDW Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2010 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Very nice radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my Harris RF350k two months ago after spending five years looking for one in my price range. Itís a very nice radio and I spend most of my time working 17 meters. My only concern will be finding parts and remembering how to trouble shoot again. But this was a good investment and should provide a learning experience for years to come.

Carl N8CDW

W4IDW Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2010 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent - Tough Receiver  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Used these aboard 2 of the Coast Guard Ships I served aboard. Excellent receiver considering it's age. Tough circuitry as it survived many power surges, power outages and abuse by us shipboard operators..

KK5DR Rating: 3/5 May 1, 2010 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Mil-spec radio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
By today's standards these radios are pretty out of date. In 1982 they were highly advanced, and very expensive.
Due to age, they are now having issues like bad relays, and electolytic caps going bad. The receiver is surprisingly good, super selectivity. A little noisy by the standards of today.
There is no VFO knob, so moving around the bands is a little cumbersome. All functions are keyboard entery.
Frequency stability is great after a 10 minute warm up.
I created a yahoo group to share more info with owners of these radios. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarrisRF350K/