Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | G Whip Balun Help

Reviews Summary for G Whip Balun
G Whip Balun Reviews: 27 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $35 GBP
Description: Antenna Balun 4:1 and 1:1
More info: http://www.gwhip.co.uk

You can write your own review of the G Whip Balun.

M0HDF Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2013 04:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb quality & customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a 200W choke balun recently from Ian - M0CZV at RossComm Radio Communications, authorized reseller of G-Whip.
Great customer service, Ian was very helpful and answered all the questions promptly. The product was delivered to my door next day.
The quality of these products is fantastic. I already own a G-whip End fed 20m and I am more than pleased with it.

I use the chocke balun with my indoor magnetic loop and 5m ground mounted vertical.

I would recommend them to anybody.

73s Angel M0HDF

SM4KAS Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2013 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Superb product and service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First I bought the G Whip Receive Antenna with a 12/1 balun from Geoff (see my review at www.gwhip.co.uk). After that I asked Geoff if he could make me a balun for mediumwave and a 100 mtr longwire. So he did. Mr Magic proved himself once again and made me a superb mediumwave 16/1 balun. On top of that I was lucky enough (by chance) to improve performance on some of the lower frequencies on shortwave. When it comes to baluns, I have found home...

JTX9N Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Quality shines through  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In common with many others I have a difficult antenna situation to deal with due to lease restrictions.

Even with the best practice being used there was still common mode RF present on the feeder and I thought I'd have to live with it.

Luckily I saw a pointer to the G Whip products and the bottom line is that after consulting with Geoff and then purchasing his recommended line choke, that last annoyance has gone.

A first class product, beautifully made, and first class service from G Whip. Count me as very satisfied customer!

G6AHY Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2013 04:04 Send this review to a friend
Best on the market by a long way  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just wanted to add to the already great reviews for the Baluns that Geoff makes. I have used a few of them and recently ordered another two, what can I say about his service ?, well a few e-mails that were answered very quickly and then they were despatched the next day!!. Door to door in just a few days.

Quality wise it is easy, just think of something the military would buy and then think of a ham radio price and there you have it. With each balun he also provides all those little bits and pieces you have to search for like the crimps and amalgamating tape, they really are a complete package.

I have not written this for any other purpose other than to help others understand that excellent customer service and quality does exist with components like this and not at crazy prices either.

Well Done Geoff for showing the world how to do things right, lets hope others follow.

G3UYN Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2013 02:49 Send this review to a friend
High Quality Low Cost   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used a 9:1 G Whip balun on my doublet since June 2010 and have not burned it out yet using 400W SSB. It is currently on the antenna side of an LDG AT-1000 PRO 2 autotuner. The balun is supplied with its individual frequency vs SWR chart.

MM0VEG Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2013 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality and performance.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned a Gwhip 9:1 balun for around 5 months. I use the balun to feed a homebrew fishpole antenna (10m tall). The build quality and materials used are second to none. All metal parts are stainless steel and the enclosure is bomb proof. The internal tuner on my MkV FT1000MP has no problem in tuning my antenna from 80m - 10m. Buy one you wont be disappointed.

G4HDU Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2013 09:07 Send this review to a friend
The quality is only surpassed by the service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had decided that I needed to replace the ugly balun I had with a proper choke balun. I also decided that the dipole needed a proper centre fitting so I started to have a hunt round on the interweb to see what was available.

I cane across Geoff's site and decided to investigate his offerings. Boy, am I glad I did. I emailed him on the Saturday afternoon not expecting to get a reply until during the week but within just a few hours he'd got back to me. A couple of email exchanges and we had decided what I needed. Another email sent off to confirm what I required and then payment made.

Sunday I got an email telling me they were ready for despatch, Monday I had confirmation of that despatch again by email and on Tuesday they arrived.

Opening the packaging revealed that the two baluns were even better constructed than you can see in the website's pictures. The build quantity is amazing.

I whole heartedly recommend Geoff's G-Whip baluns and other products. I was so impressed I encouraged my friend of over 30 years to purchase a GWhip antenna. A friendship I wouldn't want to degrade by a wrong recommendation/ When it arrived I was equally impressed and currently saving pennies to buy one myself!

G0TOV Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 15:35 Send this review to a friend
G-Whip Quality   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Following the decision that my neighbour was moving house I had to re-think my antenna solution as I could no longer hang one half of my GWHIP half size OCF antenna in his tree ! I wanted a multi band antenna and once again with help and advice from Geoff at Gwhip he supplied me with a 9:1 Unun and 66ft of Kevlar wire that gives me an end fed antenna. I already own 4 x End fed zep antennas, all Gwhip of course, but I would have to have them all installed to work all the bands I want so this will do the job nicely I'm hoping. I just need to mount it on a pole and Geoff tells me I can dog leg the wire which will be necessary, just mount it to a short pole and a wire down to earth and it is good to go, at 66ft iit is a full wave on 20m which is handy ! As ever all Gwhip products are of excellent quality, I choose only to use Gwhip products because you really do get what you pay for, quality and service second to none. The Units are shipped to you ready to use out of the box with all the accessories you need to get on air in a matter of minutes. Highly recommended.

M0PCB Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2013 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Best built commercial balun I've seen  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having recently migrated from an 80/40 trapped dipole to a doublet (for access to 5MHz) I needed a balun to sit at the output of a remote antenna tuner. A quick email to Geoff resulted in a very prompt reply, as usual, and the purchase was made within minutes.

That was Friday evening and the package was posted the following morning, arriving on the Monday. A week of bad weather got in the way of the antenna work, but the new doublet and balun have been in service for a week now and working well.

The balun is just as pictured on the G-Whip website, very high quality build and finish. Parts are genuinely top-spec as found in the commercial world.

What more can I say, top quality, does the job perfectly and at a very competitive price compared to other offerings on the market.

MW0IDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2013 12:23 Send this review to a friend
G-Whip 1:1 Balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In need of a 1:1 Balun with legal limit rating I searched online looking at various suppliers to work out which would be the best quality and value for money. I quickly came to the conclusion that the G-Whip Balun ticked all the boxes. I emailed Geoff at G-Whip and he very quickly replied back advising me on the type of Balun and core suitable for my needs, description and photo. I ordered on the Friday night and received the Balun on Monday. First impressions were that this Balun was handmade to very high/military specs and was built to last.

Inside the core was resin potted using PTFE coax and fitted with stainless steel hardware. Needless to say the Balun works very well as intended and I am very pleased with it. I can thoroughly recommend this G-Whip Balun, an excellent quality product at a very competitive price!

No connection to G-Whip, just a very happy customer!

Roger MW0IDX