Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Arrow GP146 Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow GP146
Arrow GP146 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $29.00
Description: 2 meter Ground Plane antenna
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Arrow GP146.

AF7DN Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2014 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed something small to attach to a mobile used indoors and this was priced right. I am very impressed with the build quality- there is not a lot here, but every pieces is well finished and heavy duty. The radials are downswept and so the overall footprint is quite small.

Very pleased.

WQ8Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2013 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Built Like a Tank  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted an outside antenna to be able to easily hit a local club's 2m repeater. I thought I'd go with something simple this time, having had fancier "gain" antennas in past years that I was never completely happy with - ended up selling them at hamfests.
To those of you who think this antenna is just a duplicate of the ubiquitous SO-239 1/4 wave antenna and you can easily make one yourself, think again.
This antenna is extremely heavy duty. I expect it to be up for years. I wish all antennas were made with this amount of care.
I had it put together in less than ten minutes - then up on the roof to take down the old now-useless TV antenna (finally!), install the Arrow and ran 50 feet of low loss cable (DX Engineering 400MAX) back into the shack.
I knew I'd easily hit the club's repeater (probably 12 miles away) but I was surprised to be able to hit repeaters 60 miles away, using the low power (25 watts) from my Kenwood TM-281A.
Don't sell this baby short.

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2013 17:47 Send this review to a friend
What a value! What a deal!  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the price, can't beat it! For durability, can't beat it! Sure, there are fiberglass gain antennas made by other companies. But I've had those disintegrate from solar rays, wind, ice, etc. This puppy is stronger than dirt! I've got it pretty high (40 feet), so I am able to hit repeaters about 40 to 50 miles away. I did use a rotor clamp to give it dual (instead of single) "clampage" on the mast pipe.

Ground planes and dipoles; sometimes simple is best.

N2BIX Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2013 10:10 Send this review to a friend
Very high quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this antenna in the mail so i have not used it yet but i would like to say that the quality of construction is outstanding.Very well made.Worth the money. Based on what i received from arrow i will be buying more of their products.

KF7QLJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2012 08:36 Send this review to a friend
A GREAT antenna !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this antenna over the last year with excellent results, in fact for the first month I had it setting on a glass top coffee table and it worked so well I was a bit lazy about getting it up on a mast. At thirty feet up it is amazing ! ...The company was lightning quick in responding to installation e-mails involving recommended separation distances from other antennas. When using good coax and connectors, I think you will Love the performance of this antenna and it's a great value !

KF7VXA Rating: 4/5 Sep 1, 2012 21:04 Send this review to a friend
Decent Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the price, this is a good antenna.
It works great getting into 2 fairly close repeaters and I made a good simplex contact, approx. 30 miles over a mountain about 2000 feet higher than the valley floor I live in.
If the SWR was lower, I would have rated it higher. It averages 1 to 7 on 2M and 1 to 8 on 70 CM. It has lower SWR at the lower parts of the bands. With some work, I have no doubt the SWR could be improved, but it's not really designed to be adjustable.
I think for a simple antenna, the SWR could have been better.
For someone looking for a low priced antenna that will perform well in areas not requiring an antenna with more gain, it would be a good choice.
I have bought a high gain antenna to replace this one, but will keep this one also as sometimes this type of antenna will work better than a high gain antenna which can be more directional.

W4LTX Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2010 12:20 Send this review to a friend
excellent 2 meter ground plane  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tested two of these, very durable antennas and found they have less than 1/7:1 SWR from 140-151 MHz making them very suitable for MARS and Civil Air Patrol channels. The antenna is easy to assemble and very well built.