Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | IK2RND REPLACEMENT ICOM RAMBOARD Help

Reviews Summary for IK2RND REPLACEMENT ICOM RAMBOARD
IK2RND REPLACEMENT ICOM RAMBOARD Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$60.00 includes shipping
Description: An easy to install remedy for the ICOM volitile frequency assignment and memory troubles. No need to send your radio back to ICOM for reprogramming due to a dead battery. "The EPROM/RAMBOARD card directly replaces the ICOM RAM UNIT EX-314 and EX-314 # 01. No soldering is needed and the frequency coverage is extended from 10 KHz to 30.9 MHz (for HF Rigs) and for the IC-271 2 meter radio, the range is extended to 42.400-153.990 MHz".
More info: http://www.qsl.net/ah6rh/am-radio/ik2rnd-icom-ramboard.html

You can write your own review of the IK2RND REPLACEMENT ICOM RAMBOARD.

PIEMME-TORINO Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2006 05:38 Send this review to a friend
New life to my radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's the right piece of replacement that guarantees to my IC-R71 many years more of life. Very good price, very fast response and very good service. I installed it with no problems at all!
Thank you, Roberto!
The updated site in which you can find the description of the RAM replacement is:

K3ROJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2005 18:45 Send this review to a friend
My IC-271H came to life  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The original battery recently went dead in my IC-271H and at first thought I would have to contact ICOM and pay to have the board reprogramed. Luckily I found Robertos WEB site first and sent him E-MAIL on how to obtain one. He was very fast contacting me and told me he also takes PAY PAL which I then used to purchase his RAM board. It arrived in six days here in Maryland and in less than an hour my IC-271H was working like new. The board came with a pair of small wires (diode already installed on one wire)to connect a N.O. pusbutton switch which Radio Shacks sells. By pressing the button one time I was able to go well below 144 MHz and up to 153 MHz which came in handy for me to receive MARS and CAP frequencies. I used a small tiewrap to mount the pushbutton to a molex connector nearby to keep it from rattling around inside since the switch will be seldom used and didn't want to drill a hole to mount it. It was great to deal with someone who is so friendly and sells such a useful product.

PA3GPA Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2004 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Just do it !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Do this mod and don't worry any longer about your 1980s Icom transceiver going dead, and get extra coverage as a bonus!
Credits to Roberto for this outstanding replacement, and for his service too.
Tnx Roberto, great job !

WA8EBM Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2003 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Better than original  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great customer relations. This was my first purchase of radio equipment directly from a European vendor. It was a pleasant experience. Sent him my personal check one week and the next week had the boards in my IC271 and IC471. It took longer to take the screws off the case than to install the RAM boards. Highly recommended.

VE2AMN Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2003 23:07 Send this review to a friend
Boy, does it work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just finished installing the board and testing it.
Everything Roberto claims is true. And, what sure don`t hurt, Roberto is a very nice guy to communicate with. He even sent the board before receiving payment. Trusting, and trustable.

Installing the board is a cinch, the instructions are clear.
No sweat!

N9XM Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2002 23:35 Send this review to a friend
excellent !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased 4 of these from Roberto and each one is perfect.Roberto is very easy to work with and the whole thing was a pleasure

M0BOL Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2002 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Guy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What can one say? The board does exactly what Roberto says it does, it's very well made and Roberto is a very nice guy to deal with. On top of all that, Roberto's board is the cheapest solution to the Icom battery backed RAM worries, and it's dead easy to install, I whole heartedly recommend this 5 star product!

K2YPT Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2000 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Fast,Easy, Fun and Effective!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my IK2RND Ramboard very quickly from the inventor/owner of the company Mr. Roberto Nardo. By the way any questions were answered quickly and with enthusiasm. This unit replaces the older volitile ramboards Icom used in their older radios. When the battery died
you would have to send the rig to Icom for a reprogramming if you did not get to the backup battery in time.
Took all of 5 minutes, in fact took me longer to open the radio. Open the cover remove the old board (pops out) install the new (pops in) and install a momentary "reset" switch to initialize the
new board. Not only did it work , For my trouble the frequency coverage was extended!
There have been replacement boards available from other sources for a few years but the $$ was always too much($150-200). Mr. Nardos IK2RND Ramboard for $60.00 including shiping is
very reasonable.
Got an old Icom 751 or 745 or 271 etc. thats dead rotting in the closet? Dig it out and resurrect it again !