Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Buxcomm T2FD Help

Reviews Summary for Buxcomm T2FD
Buxcomm T2FD Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$169
Description: 10-80meter model #1080T2FD
More info: http://www.buxcomm.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=45&zenid=qj0ragan0h62c260r6lvhbbsf3

You can write your own review of the Buxcomm T2FD.

DH4SC Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2012 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Great (when homebrew)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the last 15 years I had so many antennas, any size, any style, beams, verticals, wires......Now I looked for an antenna which can handle the complete shortwave spectrum because I was was sick of tower, radial networks, masts, guying wires and expensive gear.
So I didnīt believe in this bad reports about the W3HH/T2FD antennas and gave it a try.
I build one 28,6m long, 0,85m spacers, 390 Ohms resistor, 6:1 Balun. Spacers made of high strengh POM plastic bars of different diameter.
Easy to build, easy to put up on a mast. AND IT WORKS WELL!!!!! Compared to a ZS6BKW in the same height there is almost no difference, on 15m the W3HH works better.
Compared to monoband dipoles on 80m/160 thereīs almost no difference on 80m, but on 160m the full size dipole it always abt. 3 S units better.
Conclusion:
The W3HH/T2FD antenna is if itīs well build not as bad as many hams say. But there are different versions of this antenna so I can only quote mine.
For me itīs the best all band compromise available, I can work all bands 80m to 10m with great success. For 160m I still use my dipole.

W7LPN Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2010 23:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had it a week and am not disappointed. It was easy to put up. You will need either anchors on your poles or large heavy poles. It's not heavy especially when tilted, but need to be stretched unless you have center support. As advertised, it is a quiet antenna. I have had strong contacts on 10m (recently opened Finally!), 20m, 40, and 75m. These are my favorite and most frequented bands. On 40m I had a contact with a vertical antenna station in Tacoma, from Boise, both reports 5/9 but he was using a 600 watt amp, and I'm barefoot with the ICOM-730 100 watts more or less. NO MORE KNOB TURNING the tuner! No more Click Click click to tune, no more dead carriers to tune or trouble finding an open freq nearby to tune on. It'll handle 300 watts if needed.