Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | ROADKING 1/4 WAVE MOBILE CB ANTENNA (Sharmans multiCOM Ltd.) Help

Reviews Summary for ROADKING 1/4 WAVE MOBILE CB ANTENNA (Sharmans multiCOM Ltd.)
ROADKING 1/4 WAVE MOBILE CB ANTENNA (Sharmans multiCOM Ltd.) Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $25 (15)
Description: The Roadking is probably the longest mobile antenna on the market. We do not advise leaving this attached to your vehicle while you are on the move but it is ideal for DX'ing. Splits in half for easy stowage.
More info: http://www.sharman-multicom.co.uk/ROADKING-1-4-WAVE-MOBILE-CB-ANTENNA.2.html?last=48

You can write your own review of the ROADKING 1/4 WAVE MOBILE CB ANTENNA (Sharmans multiCOM Ltd.).

MM0IMC Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2011 05:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Good!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's coming up for almost a year ago that I bought this antenna and since then I've upgraded my call sign and licence. This means I can use 50W PEP into this antenna and it's got me well into the Southern Hemisphere!

I've worked Africa, South and North America on it on 12m/10m and even 15M through an ATU. This was on both SSB, BPSK31 and even a 10m FM contact into the Canary Islands.

It's a really good antenna and doesn't seem to require any trimming to get it to work on either 12m or 10m WITHOUT an ATU. Well worth the 15 that I paid for it!

This antenna is still IN production, despite what the description says!

MM0IMC Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2010 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Good for 10m and 12m...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna for use at home as I found my half size G5RV was garbage on 10m and 12m, even using an auto ATU. I wanted an antenna that was reasonably resonant for those bands, but not huge or an eyesore.

I decided to go down the path of getting a full size 1/4 wave vertical for 11m and to use it for 10m. After mounting the antenna up at about 16 feet above ground on a decent counterpoise system, I discovered by accident that the VSWR was low right across 10m and 12m - I never expected such great bandwidth to be honest!

It outperforms the half size G5RV by about 3-4 S points on receive and about the same on transmit. I've already used it for some sporadic E contacts into other parts of Europe on both 10m and 12m, only having erected it on Saturday afternoon (29th May 2010).

Well worth the 14 that I paid for it and would recommend it to anyone wishing to use it for 10m, especially mobile. It's a 3/8ths inch UNF thread, so would require an adapter to fit the SO 239 mounts that amateur mobile antennas tend to use.