Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Prolog2K Help

Reviews Summary for Prolog2K
Prolog2K Reviews: 64 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $60 USD
Description: Prolog is a full featured and awards tracking program running under Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista-32/64 and Win7-32/64. Please visit our website for more detailed information and screen-shots
More info: http://www.prologsystem.com

You can write your own review of the Prolog2K.

NK4P Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2011 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I decided to upgrade to the latest version of Prolog plus upgrade my radio interface to the Datamatrix version of the CT-17. I was having many problems with my current Icom CT-17 unit (I suspect it took a power surge hit) and once I installed Prolog2K I needed some troubleshooting assistance from Ed. He was very responsive and most helpful in working with me to get my 775 and 751A fully functional with the new interface. The logging program is very robust and much improved from the older Prolog software I had been using. Great job Ed.

N4TOL Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2011 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Solid Program - Great User Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a user of Prolog2K for almost 10 years. I have found the program to be straightforward to use, excellent for my award tracking and easy to interface with my radios.

The program has gone through many enhancements over the years and continues to be improved.

I have found Ed to be very accessible to answer questions or to guide one through a new feature or process. When he is not available I leave a message and he always returns my calls.

I'm sure there are other fine programs out there, but I have been very satisfied with Prolog2K for many years.

John N4TOL

KC9P Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2011 14:36 Send this review to a friend
Best of the Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
When purchasing a logging program it is important to collect evaluations and compare features deciding what product best fits your needs. I had been using a logging program but the designer/programmer died resulting in zero support for the future. I began my search asking friends, reading reviews and advertisements. Many people want the bare bones A.R.R.L. type logbook, but I wanted a program that gave me awards tracking, support of major callbooks, QSL routes, the ability to monitor packet-cluster data and more. The journey through logging programs must go beyond advertisement. I purchased well known programs that did not match the verbal description and lacked the support I expected. Finally I found Prolog2K (Ed - W5VP)! Ed created a program that answered all my needs with superior support. I have used Prolog2K for more than fifteen years and have always been satisfied. I described the program to many friends who are now using Prolog2K with the same satisfaction. Ed listens to suggestions and continually makes improvements that can be downloaded at his site.

Satisfaction is an overworked word but in this case it does not describe the superior support given, and, as the number of contacts reach the high thousands, the support satisfaction becomes extremely important.

I am using version 7 plus the updates and continue to be thankful that I have the support and programming skills of Ed. TNX Ed!

W5WLA Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2011 09:49 Send this review to a friend
I LIKE PROLOG!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Prolog does everything that i need it to do. Logging, award tracking and a very simple method of sending your contacts to LoTW for DXCC submission. And the list goes on and on. Each upgrade revision comes full of additional stuff
that makes the system better than before.

When problems crop up, and they usually will, help is only a phone call away. Most all of my problems were self inflicted but Ed has always walked me through to a successful solution.

Congrats Ed for a fine product.

KI4YY Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2011 17:02 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've have used Prolog2K for years. However, as HRD continued to improved and as award tracking held less appeal, I drifted away. Every time I have to process a batch of cards from bureau, though, I would dust off Prolog2K to process the cards. It does a super super job of handling QSL label printing directly within the logging form.

Ed continued to improve to functionality, as well as the look and feel of Prolog2k over the years. With the 7.0 release I am fully back in the Prolog fold.

The logic of the program is just superb! As a database developer I previously seen things I would have done slightly different over the years, but not now.

Version 7 integrates with MixW if you a digital mode fan. Save a QSO in MixW and it also posts to your logbook in Prolog2K. If you are like me you may prefer the light footprint of MixW over DM780. Anyway, if you haven't seen Prolog lately, give it a run. Glad to answer any questions.

W2JLB Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2011 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Works With MixW  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first logging program back in 1991 was HyperLog a DOS based logging program that was well ahead of itís time. I used that program until 2008 when I started using the digital modes. In looking at the digital modes programs I found that MixW had the most to offer even though it was a commercial product. While looking for a logging program to replace HyperLog I came across ProLog. I found out that ProLog has a direct interface with MixW. In reading the features it sounded complicate because it does so much. I soon found it very intuitive and easy to learn. The documentation is first rate. It also has a direct interface with MixW. Thatís what originally sold me on it. I was able to export all of my logging entries from HyperLog directly into ProLog. Now I have one logging program that has all my contacts since I became an amateur. When I load MixW, I then load ProLog and couple the data links. Then when I save my digital contact to MixW I can also save it to ProLog just by clicking on the button. The support is top shelf. Whenever I had to contact Ed with a request Iíve gotten a response very quickly. If he could not get to the issue/request right away he also set my expectations as to when it would be possible. I know us hams are slow to part with our money. ProLog is a commercial product written by hams. To me, itís worth every penny that it costs.

KI5IO Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2010 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product & Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started using Prolog back in 1990 for many years. I took a couple of years off from active on-air work and have been active again now for several years. I upgraded my version to the lastest v7 and have had simply excellent support from Ed.

Prolog2K is a fantastic program and can do far more than what I'm currently using. I keep opening nuggets of items that just blow me away from time to time.

Ed ... one heckuva program and I love your customer service.

Cheers,

KI5IO
Nolan Kienitz
Plano, TX

KY7F Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2010 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Well-Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using Prolog2K for ten years or so. Started with Version 4. The only problems I've ever had were operator-induced. Very versatile. User-friendly. Ed is great about returning calls/e-mails with occasional 'help!' solutions. Recently upgraded to Version 7, and it's even better than the previous version.

WD5DBV Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2010 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Used since 1998  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am amazed by the last review. I have Run Ed logger for over 10 years and find him to be the most responsive person I have ever delt with. He has even called me on Sunday to resolve some self inflicted problems. I find his program very well designed and has all the functions you could want in a logging program.
His hardward support on the products he sells is also second to none.
It just floors me to see how two people can have such different experience. As I said earlier 12 years using this product and it get a 100% grade with me.
WD5DBV

KC4GFW Rating: 0/5 Mar 16, 2010 14:40 Send this review to a friend
No Support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After using version 7 for several months I thought this good software. Than I started seeing bugs. I also suggested a change on how the QSL labels look. I sent a email, waited a few days and no reply!!
Then I emailed Ed about getting some computer hardware for an older radio. I get a response within a half an hour on a Sunday no less. Then in a reply email I asked him about the bug report and suggestion I submitted....again no reply.
He could of at least said thank you for the suggestion and bug report instead of giving me the cold shoulder.
This was inexcusable for a software developer hence the 0 rating, I hate to say this Ed but your software ain't that good.
I've goon back to using DXLab for good.