Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | MFJ-9402x Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-9402x
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$319.00
Description: Qrp 2 meter ssb analog radio
More info: Http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-9402x.

KC6RCM Rating: 1/5 Apr 18, 2011 23:33 Send this review to a friend
Quality control issues  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had purchased a new 9402x from a dealer and quickly discovered that it had no transmit audio, just a carrier. It was returned for a replacement and the second one had an inoperative S/ALC meter, on both receive and transmit. I returned that one, got a refund and looked to a different manufacturer for my needs. MFJ needs to test their equipment before shipping them to dealers. Hopefully my case was an isolated one.

WD4AB Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Good small and simple rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked up a used one for $120.00 on E-Bay in pristine condition. The radio functions great. It has a very sensitive front end and tremendous audio punch due to the built in speech processor. I have mated the radio with a Mirage B-310g amplifier which gives me about 100 watts output. I have made many weak signal contacts with this setup with great results. My only wish is for MFJ to build a digital display version in the future. If you find a nice one buy it you won't be dissapointed.