Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | SUPER ANTENNAS MP-2 Motorized Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for SUPER ANTENNAS MP-2 Motorized Antenna
SUPER ANTENNAS MP-2 Motorized Antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $225
Description: This is an electric Portable HF Servo Motor Driven Antenna. (7 thru 50 Mhz) MP-2
will not work with an 80 meter coil.
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the SUPER ANTENNAS MP-2 Motorized Antenna.

DL1BAZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2012 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Super Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First I used a MP1 antenna in the garden on a 3 meter teleskopic pole. Worked very good but I had to put it down and tune it on every change of band. MP2 solved the problem. Very easy tuning with the little up and down switch. Use the antenna with an DV27L CB antenna on top (2,7 mtrs long)and one elevated radial per band. It works very fine with my Elecraft K2 and 10 watts.

WA6MJE Rating: 4/5 Oct 25, 2010 17:43 Send this review to a friend
Good Screwdriver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this a few years ago to use in my anntenna restricted QTH. It was one of the lower priced screwdriver antennas, priced right for me to experiment with. It worked well and is built well, except for the chrome whip that shipped with it. The whip was cheap, and the threads were damaged. I quickly replaced that with a good one, and the antenna performed well on a tripod in my back yard with elevated radials. I experimented with a number of options for a stealth antenna that can go outside, and be setup and taken down quickly. A screwedriver on a tripod with elevated radials and as long a mast as you can risk with the neighbors will get the job done. The MP-2 has standard 3/8 by 24 threads at the top and bottom so you can use it with any mobile products.

I had no problems except for the cheap whip. I actually have used this with several whips from 9.5 feet up to full size on 20 meters. The longer the whip the better. Now, I decided that a screwdriver is my best solution so I wanted a better one. The coil diameter on the MP-2 is about 1.25 inches and 10 inches long. They do not publish the specs, but this is obviously low Q. Now that I have proven the concept that I can actually have decent performance with this configuration, I want to max out the performance with a higher Q screwdriver. I researched all of them, and just bought a Hi-Q 4/160 for about $529, quite a bit more than the MP-2. I was happy with the MP-2 I just now want to be "happier" with the best screwdriver I can get since my HOA has me so limited with options.

I think 4 is a fair rating, since this is not the best-of-the-best screwdriver. The quality is good, but not great. It works well, so I could not justify a 3. 4 "Good" seems about right to me.

W6GQ Rating: 3/5 Jun 10, 2010 22:39 Send this review to a friend