Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Stealth Limited Edition Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Stealth Limited Edition
Begali Stealth Limited Edition Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $950.00 (Approx.)
Description: The Stealth Limited Edition paddle is probably the best key that money can
buy, and only 59 of these outstanding keys will ever be produced.  We have
ignored all cost constraints to produce these outstanding keys for a few
discerning operators.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com/html/limited_edition.html

You can write your own review of the Begali Stealth Limited Edition.

N5XRD Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2012 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the last Begali Stealth Limited Edition key, #13 (out of 69). It is an amazing product and an example of extreme precision engineering as well as a piece of art. It is the best paddle I have used - period. My thanks to Piero and Bruna for their help. It is not every time that you can deal with the management and ownership of a company. I now am in the process of buying the Blade straight key from them.

N0PL Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2012 23:05 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Paddles  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As previously stated by many, the Stealth Limited Edition is a fine piece of art! Perfection in every way. I've been a CW buff all my 47 years of hamming and this set is the smoothest I've ever had the pleasure of keying. Early in my hamming I could not afford such a luxury, but now that I'm retired, I wanted to use nothing but the best and I found it with the Begali. I now have 5 different Begali keys and paddles and enjoy using each and every one of them. Once you try a Begali, you'll be hooked. I'm always looking to find another Begali key/paddle. 73. de Paul, N0PL

N5XRD Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2012 08:34 Send this review to a friend
N5XRD - Absolutely great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is by far the best paddle that I have used. It has gotten me interested all over again in CW. Pietro and Bruna Begali are great to work with. It is not always that you get to talk with the top people in a company, The key not only works beautifully but it is a work of art!

4X1FC Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2011 10:08 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST DEFINITION FOR A "PLUG AND PLAY"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
4X1FC REVIEW FOR THE BEGALI IAMBIC PADDLE “STEALTH - LIMITED EDITION”

Key collector? – Buy it! Even if you have to pursue an owner, of whom, you know that he will never appreciate all the features and educated decisions that went into the manufacturing of this masterpiece.
Using tens of keys and paddles, in four radio operations careers, restoring, rejuvenating, and home brewing, also collecting the most expensive and specials keys and paddles, do not guarantee a 5/5 mark, just after 3 days out of the box, and some 40 contacts. Add to this, that being a teacher and examiner, for technical subjects for 35 years, from one side impede you from an immediate release of 5/5, but from the other side, prepare you for the immediate detection of a special one that deserves it. And this is the case.
I call all electronic- keyers users to try or purchase any model of the “STEALTH”. Be it for single lever keyer, Squeeze Iambic A/B, Ultimatic or even as a “side swiper”. The jewel beauty, the small size and round silhouette, the stable hold in position, the simplicity of adjustment and apparently no sophisticated maintenance called for; all these are so evident, for the user, that either it goes unnoticed or bring an exclamation Wahoo! Why it was not done before?!
It took me between 5 to 10 minutes from the “lift up” from the box, a slight back and forth turn, on each of the four adjustment screws, unplug the Begali “Contour” and plug the “Stealth”, and the first contact on the air was accomplished. This happened to me only once before, with a very well known paddle with much the same ergonomics. But, experienced operators will not let go un-mentioned: 1. The two finger pieces are not parallel in the vertical section, but slightly at an angle, that improve the ergonomic, and the adaptation of the hold as per each personal preference. 2. Selecting a block made of dia-magnetic stainless steel, negate the possibility of affecting the magnets used inside, for the returning forces of the levers, and also will not affect any magnetic sensitive in the close vicinity of the paddle. So I have nothing else to write, but to repeat that it is 5/5, and really plug and play.

AG6V Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2011 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Stealth Weapon!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Contesters are always looking for a way to improve scores. Well, the Begali Stealth LE certainly is a machine which will help, and certainly not stand in your way: The tapered paddles to ergonomically suit your touch, the absolute no-move base, the adjustments which don't migrate over time. Besides, it is such a beauty to behold and a pleasure to touch, you'll be at your rig for more hours, which helps contesting too!

The Stealth has a subtle different touch than the Graciella, which I use for more relaxed QSOs or when I'm in a more 'old world' mood. Both are wonderful, and neither will be leaving my shack -- except when I take them on a DXepedition!

NY4I Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2011 20:08 Send this review to a friend
What a great key!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been a bencher guy my whole ham career. I now realize that was like driving a Ford compared to my Stealth Limited. The company is great to deal with and you will never look at this key and think you paid too much. If you want a dense piece of key art, this is the key for you. I highly recommend the product.

Tom NY4I
Happy owner of Stealth #42 ( because 42 is the answer)

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2010 09:38 Send this review to a friend
Why not  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well ok. I’m a sucker for a fine key. I check Piero’s web site often to see what’s new. I saw the Stealth before in normal form but was not crazy with the cast base. I saw the special edition Stealth at Dayton this year and couldn’t keep my eyes off of it. Well, again, back at the web site I kept looking and scrolling up and down the web page looking at those pictures. Suddenly and without warning my hands started shaking uncontrollably, drool started coming out of the side of my mouth. At last I yelled ALRIGHT! I emailed Bruna to ask the going price. She told me. After getting back up off the floor I sat and thought about it. Should I retire someday or should I buy this key? Then the shaking started all over again. I knew the answer to my question. The SE Stealth now sits at my operating position. I love it. The thing I like most about Begali keys is that they never stop thinking out of the box. I love the canted finger pieces. They fit my keying style perfectly. Why didn’t I think of that? The fit, the finish, the precision. I’m very glad I bought it. Sure, I’ll have to work until I’m 105, but for me it is worth it. All I can say is that when I kick the bucket, someone is going to get some REALLY nice keys. I can only hope they appreciate them and enjoy them as much as I do. What is a CW paddle? Really it is nothing more than two switches. But then again, this is much more than just a CW paddle. It’s a love affair. The decision is yours.

I Will CU on the radio
Bob, WC3O (Owner SE Stealth #17)

K6ELQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2010 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Outshines them all!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Stealth Limited Edition. I was able to choose my own serial number and I chose 54, representing 1954, they year I was first licensed (KN6ELQ). This is my fourth Begali paddle and up until now my Sculpture was my favorite key. I don't know how Pietro does it but his designs keep getting better. As mentioned in the previous reviews the differences are very subtle but the slight ergonomic improvements do make a difference in the feel and comfort of using this key.

The stainless finish is even more beautiful than that of the Sculpture. I don't know if that is by design or the fact that it is brand new but it definitely outshines it. It is slightly heavier than the Sculpture. Neither will be moving even if used by a heavy handed gorilla with a call sign. The angling of the finger pieces is a remarkable stroke of genius. It truly does make a BIG difference. I really like the designed in key cable jack on the Sculpture and Stealth. It makes it easier to connect to the various key inputs I have on my rigs and keyers. I would like to see this on some of the other models as well.

Yes, this paddle is expensive, but so are Ferraris and Ducatis. You get what you pay for. I'm sure the only difference between the Limited Edition and the standard Stealth is the physical presence of the former. Functionally they should be the same.

Thanks to Bruna for her excellent service and quick email responses. She got the key to me in three days via Ferrari-powered gondola (private joke here ;-) ).

This is a keeper, as are all my Begalis.

VE7EPP Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2010 16:20 Send this review to a friend
#002 - What a beautiful piece of work.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a Begali Traveller Light a few months ago and I like it very much. My only issue with it is that it moves around when I am using it so I have to put a rubber mat under it to keep it in place.

I just received my Limited Edition Stealth #002 and I must admit, I thought I would have the same problem. The combination of weight and more sensitivity make it a true pleasure to use and simply look at.

I am new to CW and am fortunate to be able to learn on such a beautiful piece of art. This one is very smooth and sensitive. I appologize for not being able to give a more in depth opinion but I will once I gain more experience with CW and with this key.

When I ask myself if I would actually do it again or just say I would to justify having done it, I am certainly pleased that I did and would definately do it again. I will not part with this one as long as I can help it.

K6JPA Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2010 22:36 Send this review to a friend
Simply Stunning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When the Begali family produced the first Limited Edition key, I was taken back by the quality construction and wonderful feel of mine when it arrived. I thought that I had found the ultimate piece of sending equipment.

I was wrong.

Although stunning in appearance, his new Stealth Limited Edition Begali work of art is not just beautiful to look at. What I personally find to be an improvement over my other Begali keys is the feel of the tapered metal finger pieces against my finger tips. It took me very little time to adapt to the new feel, after having always used finger pieces set parallel to one another. This ergonomic setup, in my opinion, improves my comfort in making contact with the key.

The rock-solid machining of internal parts in this key insures smooth operation. I would expect that, after all, in a Begali. I find the overall feel while operating is similar to that of the Sculpture, with the exception of the tapered finger pieces. This key is even heavier, though, and it won't move while in operation, regardless of how heavy-handed it is used.

As with the first Limited Edition key, this design will certainly sell out. Once gone, they won't be reproduced, and I doubt many will come back up on the resell market. As it stands, there is at least one less of the 59 of these produced available now, and I suspect those not yet claimed will rapidly end up in collections to be cherished by their new owners.

Thank you, Begali family, for your relentless pursuit in producing some of the finest keys in the world today. You have, once again, exceeded my expectations.