Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DX Engineering DXE-AOK-12M 12 Meter Add-on for Hustler BTVs Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering DXE-AOK-12M 12 Meter Add-on for Hustler BTVs
DX Engineering DXE-AOK-12M 12 Meter Add-on for Hustler BTVs Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: The DX Engineering DXE-AOK-12M kit adds 12 meter coverage to the Hustler BTV series of vertical antennas without giving up any existing band coverage. This kit will operate across the entire 12m band with an SWR of 1.5:1 or less.

No disassembly of the existing antenna is required, simply bolt this kit below the 10m trap, make some minimal tuning adjustments and you're on the air with an additional band.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-aok-12m

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering DXE-AOK-12M 12 Meter Add-on for Hustler BTVs.

WB0FTY Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2016 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mod  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Very easy to assemble. Tuning with a 259B to a few minutes and gives me a 1.4 to 1 across the band.

N7WE Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2014 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I added this to an existing 6BTV. The instructions were clear and well illustrated. Easy to install since I have the DX Tilt Base. Using a MFJ 259b analyzer the tuning was quick and easy - just by sliding the Hot Rodz. There were only slight changes in the resonance on other bands. So slight I had no need to re-tune them!

This is an easy straight forward way to add 12m to the Hustler without it looking like a Rube Goldberg contraption.

Superior product that performs! Great instructions, and DX Engineering's usual fast shipping!

WX2S Rating: 4/5 Jun 22, 2013 09:18 Send this review to a friend
Caution with the instructions  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The unit itself is pretty good. Takes full legal limit without complaint and tunes to SWR below 1.5:1 across 12m. I had to cut the tuning rods because otherwise they were still too long to tune the unit with the rods fully retracted, but this wasn't a big deal.

Two issues I had with installation:

1. The tension on the wire is given imprecisely in the instructions, so it's difficult to know how much is meant. I tightened it too much and broke the welds on the bottom band clamp. After getting a replacement clamp free from DX Engineering (thank you!), I set it it to resonate at about two hertz when you pluck it like a guitar string. That way, it's not slack and the mast can flex in a heavy wind without stressing it.

2. The pictures show the bottom bracket parallel to the ground. This, somehow, just doesn't seem right. I wound up orienting it perpendicular to the ground instead, curved side up. Seems to be happier that way.

I will follow up later if I have any issues as the unit ages.

W2UIS Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2011 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I find myself spending many hours on 12 meters working many domestic and dx stations.

K2CBM Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2011 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent add-on  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed the 12 meter add-on last weekend. Very clear instructions and I had the add-on installed in a couple of hours. The first station I worked was a JA and then a 4X5. The 12 meter add-on is installed just below the 17 meter add-on. Both have low SWRs. A great product for the money.
K2CBM
Ft. Myers, FL

K0DRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2011 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic add on!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased both the 17 and 12 meter add on from DX Ejngineering. I must say the products are first rate made, and work extremely well. My first contact on 17 meters was England and my first contact on 12 meters was Brazil! You cannot go wrong with these add on kits for your Huslter line of antennas! The folks at DX are also extremely helpful with tip on radials too. Believe me, you need to look no further than DX Engineering for your ham pleasure with Hustler antennas and add on kits.