Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | PW-1 W6MMA Portable Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for PW-1 W6MMA Portable Antenna
PW-1 W6MMA Portable Antenna Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $125.
Description: 40 thru 10m mini-screwdriver
More info: http://www.superantennas.com

You can write your own review of the PW-1 W6MMA Portable Antenna.

WD5DUE Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2009 22:05 Send this review to a friend
Correction to earlier rewiew  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the MP-1 version and not the PW-1...sorry for the confusion in the earlier review.

WD5DUE Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2009 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in a townhouse in Houston and needed an antenna that would really work in a restricted location...saw the PW-1 at a hamfest a little over a month ago and bought the product without the benefit of reading product reviews...but bought because of the quality look of the product and the attention to manufacturing detail. I figured that anyone that was that attentive to detail- had to have a product that worked. My gut feel about the product was correct - the antenna was a snap to put together and best of all performs better than expected.

N2CKH Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2001 12:25 Send this review to a friend
MP-1 version  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the MP-1 version. This is the latest, it is a bit smaller.
Not only is the design and workmanship great, the antenna is truly compact for travel and works great.
I use it portable with different mounts, the standard and tri-pod from Vern and my own. I have the 80 meter coil as well. I now use this antenna as my main 10-80 mobile antenna with 54 inch Hustler foldover mast and 54 inch whip. In this configuration you can NOT go to 6 meters.
Thje only complaint is detuning in New Jersey winter salt/water combination crappy weather. However I created a crude shield from a lexan water bottle, see my web site.
I plan to buy another unit when Vern gets his back log of orders squared away.

K6LQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2001 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent package!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the 40-10 meter version and plan on getting the recently available 80M add-on. I Purchased it for portable use while on vacation/camping mainly. Fits in my airline sized carry-on Pelican case with my 706MK2G/SS30M when AC is available, and my QRP+ for battery/field use. I feel that it works as well as an all band 7' tall vertical can. I added a small top hat to mine for fun. The self contained radials are a real timesaver and performance enhancer too. I like to mount mine a few feet above ground on aluminum angle stock with the radials drooping outwards at a 45 degree angle - helps keep the kids at a safe radius too!. I did noticed some apparent very minor salt water corrosion (?) from use while on Maui last summer. Worked the East Coast/San Diego and Washington State with ease on 40m last weekend from lake Tahoe. I also have Vern's SLV and it really performs, but it is much larger. Also have used Ham Sticks but the PW-1 much more portable and versatile. .._. _... ._ _. _ . _. _. ._

K0XD Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2001 16:46 Send this review to a friend
MW-1 EXCELLENT MATERIALS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GOT THE VERTICAL WITH 80 M ADAPTER. LOADS PERFECTLY EVEN IN THE HAM SHACK LOCATED IN MY BASEMENT. QUALITY OF ANTENNA MATERIALS IS EXCELLENT. CAN BE PUT INTO A SMALL BAG WITH PORTABLE RIG WITH EASE. RECOMMEND FOR PORTABLE USE, VERSATILE AND ALMOST UNBREAKABLE.

K7FD Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2000 09:36 Send this review to a friend
One Foot HF Antenna?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Field Day? How about packing an antenna good for 40 thru 10m...that breaks down into a package ONLY a FOOT long? Wow! W6MMA's PW-1 is just the ticket. Stout construction and built for those backwoods trails and mountain tops. Even includes a small radial pack and C-clamp to attach to whatever is handy. Performance? The PW-1 meets or exceeds any HamStick or Hustler antenna I have here; tune up is a snap by pushing the coil up or down. Best of all, you can throw it in a briefcase or backpack the next time you go out of town!