Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTB2900 Help

Reviews Summary for FTB2900
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $15
Description: Programming Software for Memory and Configuration of the Yaesu FT2900 2m Radio

You can write your own review of the FTB2900.

K4ETN Rating: 4/5 Jan 24, 2013 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Ver 1.06  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Now at Ver 1.06, this software is makes programming so much easier.If there is a glitch in it anywhere, I have yet to find it. The best $15 you'll ever spend for your FT-2900R

G4XTA Rating: 3/5 Jun 25, 2010 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Early Days - It WILL be Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yes, like all of Bob Freeth's excellent and comprehensive rig setup software, FTB2900 WILL eventually be bulletproof, reliable and backed-up by cheerful and accomodating personal service that can't be bought at any price elsewhere. It's fair to say that if Bob's FTB Software didn't exist, I wouldn't even own my present 11 Yaesu rigs. Without being able to configure the modern series of brilliant but complex Yaesu's easily with FTB, I'd have moved-on to other makes by now. Using FTB makes the FT8900/8800, FT7800 and FT60 handie the most efficient and personalised set of radios I've ever handled. Yaesu should be paying this guy!
But.....this degree of product satisfaction has to worked-at to achieve. It took a couple of years and lots of versions before FTB programs for the other rigs were prefected. I know, cos I've used them every day for five years now, and the early versions contained lots of problems and oversights when they first came out. Early FTB60 for the handie was so poor that I actually abandoned using it for a year, and hand-configured my rig because it introduced errors to the rig and caused difficulties at the computer end. I wasted days with different problems. At the time, it was all new to Bob too, who gave me conflicting advice that led to bad hardware choices. That was a long time ago, and now these programs are the best in the world. They set more items than any other software, and really do replicate on your computer exactly what the rig does. I give 5 out-of-5.
Now, what about FTB2900 that just came out? Well, it's at version V1.0.......... How good do think that might be? hmmmmmmmmmm...?
I'm not gonna go into the details cos it would take three pages. But right now I've given up using it until Bob takes on my requests to fix it. I've also bought more hardware to replace the one he suggested, which won't work.
So hey, don't be put off. This WILL be the best software for this rig, by far. But that will happen slowly, just as it did on earlier FTB's. And it'll need you to tell him about it, so he can fix it. Right now he ain't listening, cos there's only one guy complaining. The rig is great, and destined to become a top-seller. More rigs means more software sold, and more voices saying the same thing. Please tell him what you think, and he'll adjust it to our needs - He's a very responsive and helpful guy. Ham radio and Yaesu need products and commitment like we get from Bob Freeth and G4HFQ Software!