Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-600Pro Memory Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-600Pro Memory Autotuner
LDG AT-600Pro Memory Autotuner Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $359
Description: The LDG AT-600Pro Memory Autotuner is another great LDG product!
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-600Pro Memory Autotuner.

WA7NDD Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2017 06:56 Send this review to a friend
No problems after 6 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have owned the AT-600PRO for 6 years purchased new. Run a 600 watt amp at 500 through the AT-600, always worked on my two Windom antennas and my STepIR beam. I can tune the beam for zero SWR and that is what the AT-600 also shows, so it seems to be accurate when tuning.I've had many different antennas up and it tuned them all just fine.

G4YKB Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2017 17:34 Send this review to a friend
LDG AT PRO11  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this off Ebay for a very good price . The ATU has worked brilliantly since I installed it. I had a bad experience with a LDG at100 and I swore I would never buy an LDG product again however I took a gamble and bought this one ,glad I did if you know what you are doing it's a great piece of kit

K2GT Rating: 2/5 Jul 5, 2016 14:18 Send this review to a friend
Totally Unreliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both the PRO and PROII at 2 different locations. Both work fine when they work, but then for some reason it stops working and although it tunes, you can hardly hear the stations. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot the power. To me intermittent reliability just doesn't cut it.

W2NER Rating: 2/5 Dec 7, 2015 21:51 Send this review to a friend
LDG AT-600Proii no tune  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm having the same problem with it as M0AFJ, it will not tune a 160 dipole which from the start only has a 2.5:1 SWR. My manual tuner has no problems at all, matter of fact my Z-100 tuner had no problems. I only went to the 600 to give it some room as I heard the 100 watt version don't last long with a 100 watt rig. What a mistake, should have kept the Z-100.

M0AFJ Rating: 1/5 Oct 6, 2015 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Dissapointed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this tuner to make a fast tuning 300W system, unfortunately the AT-600 Pro was unable to tune am 80M OCFD which other tuners had no problem with. After a lot of swearing I sent it back to the dealer who replaced it with no argument (Thanks ML and S) with a manual Palstar 600W tuner which works fine.
A shame because my low power LDG will tune anything..

KF5HVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2015 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this tuner for years as an external tuner for my ICOM 7000, ICOM 7410 and Elecraft K3.
It is superior to the internal radio tuners.
I required service on one of the two units and I rate my service experince a 10/10.
Documentation is adequate.

AB1XG Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2015 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Never A Problem  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned LDG autotuners since I bought a new AT-11MP. After that I purchased a AT-200PRO (not PRO2). I changed to a AT-600PRO2 due to increased power out at in my shack.

I've never had a problem with this current tuner nor any of the other LDG tuners I've owned. As long as you're not being ridiculous at what you throw at it, it will tune it.

If there were any fault with this tuner, it would be that it will tune antennas that you won't get out on, ie, tuning a 40 meter antenna for 160.

LDG autotuners will be my first choice if I ever have to upgrade in the future.

KQ0J Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2014 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Good tuner for the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this unit for over 2 years now so it has seen some hard work. It tunes well, sometimes takes a long time for a new setup. My antennas run from resonant to 10:1 on some bands and it handles them no problem. The only tuning issue I have is on 160M where it does not have enough range to force a 80M dipole to tune.

I regularly run up to 450W , never had any problems, noise, heat etc. Antenna switch is handy and the ability to match limited loads on 6M is nice too.

As with everything - read the manual before using it.

M1BJR Rating: 1/5 Apr 1, 2014 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Smoked and destroyed at 100W  Time owned: more than 12 months
Compact unit that initially appears to tune a wide range, albeit very noisily.
On the desk a full tune is akin to a plastic kids rattle-gun at full chat next to you - its loud and takes a good 30seconds sometimes.

Mine survived longer than some it seems but the failure was unexpected and catastrophic.

After a short memory tune on the dipole, at low power, and where it resonates on 20m with VSWR around 1.7:1, I settled into a QSO on SSB.
A few moments later it randomly begins a full tune again and instantly starts smoking so I switch the shack off immediately.

Returned to the repairs section of the UK agent ML&S who decided that this was 'Operator Error' and a warranty claim was not possible as a result.
Hello?!
The PCB has badly burned out, is not repairable, and is unusable on one port and I'm awaiting to see if they replace the unit as its just over a year old and carries a transferrable warranty of two years.
The operator here was blamed by ML&S for tuning it at high power. The LDG AT-600Pro is connected directly to a 100w barefoot modern rig with rollback...
The manual states clearly in this case that it can tune 125w in this format anyhow.

Disgusted at the approach taken by the UK agent MArtin Lynch & Sons, and the intimation that I am trying to deceive them.

LDG should reconsider how this affects the reputation in EU - yes things go wrong, its how you deal with them that matters.

No more LDG or ML&S for me ever again, lesson learnt.

Steve Lesson M1BJR

KF7VXA Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2014 20:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Auto Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the AT-600Pro with a 600 watt amp and it works perfect on every antenna I have. I usually run no more than 500 to 550 watts to save the tubes in the amp. I can't figure out why some have had problems unless there was something other than the tuner causing problems for the tuner.
It's fast, easy to learn and performs flawlessly.
It does make some noise on initial tune up's, but no worse than any other equipment with relays.
Remember to ground all your equipment including the tuner to a good ground, turn down the power and set on FM and it will do it's job every time.
Disable the auto tune when running over 100 watts as a change in SWR causing it to tune will put the full power through the relays. The ability to fine tune yourself if you choose to is great and it's so fast to use, I love it. Manuel tuners may have their place, but mine got put away within a couple days of getting the LDG unit and has not been used since.
I paid $299.95 from Giga Parts shipped. Great deal and I'd buy another if needed without hesitation. Great Product.